CCNA or JNCIA?

hassan001hassan001 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,
I have prepared half course of CCNA i.e CCENT, now it came to my knowledge that the demand for Juniper Certifications is more these days.... Seeking a professional advice about both certifications i.e which will be better as I am newbie in Networking....

Regards!

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The ccna is more in demand than the JunOS exam when comparing the two. The fast track stuff assumes you know the foundations of the topics and then shows you the juniper way. Plus you get 50% off the JunOS exam :)

Do the CCNA first then bang out the JunOS exam. Imo, the JunOS exam is basic, maybe the same level as CCENT but with a lower pass mark.

Good luck
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    nel wrote: »
    The ccna is more in demand than the JunOS exam when comparing the two. The fast track stuff assumes you know the foundations of the topics and then shows you the juniper way. Plus you get 50% off the JunOS exam :)

Do the CCNA first then bang out the JunOS exam. Imo, the JunOS exam is basic, maybe the same level as CCENT but with a lower pass mark.

Good luck

My thoughts as well. If you are looking purely at demand then Cisco is your best bet. They still have the lions share of the market.

Like nel pointed out, finish the CCNA then you will just need to familiarize yourself with Junos as you should have all the basic networking theory down.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah i used a single olive in gns3 to practice on too with the two pdfs from the fast track.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • hassan001hassan001 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanx for precious information guys.

I just want to know that if I pass CCNA it is assured that I will know all the entry level certifications like JUNOS, COMPTIA etc....??? :D
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    hassan001 wrote: »

I just want to know that if I pass CCNA it is assured that I will know all the entry level certifications like JUNOS, COMPTIA etc....??? :D

No, it won't be assured, but if you study properly you should have most of the theory down.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • isolthai.comisolthai.com Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Guys,
    I have prepared half course of CCNA i.e CCENT, now it came to my knowledge that the demand for Juniper Certifications is more these days.... Seeking a professional advice about both certifications i.e which will be better as I am newbie in Networking....

Regards!

For a newbie, I'd recommend CCNA, to start with.
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503

No, you'll know the CCNA level knowledge for the Cisco side, as thats what the cert is. You'll get good grounding networking, but for the other certs, you'll need to do them to get the knowledge.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Yup, just because ccna and jncia are roughly at the same level in knowledge doesn't mean they're the same thing nor do they represent all entry level certs . Here in Europe juniper knowledge is in in demand but mainly on the security side of things.
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    nel wrote: »
    yeah i used a single olive in gns3 to practice on too with the two pdfs from the fast track.
    Those two pdfs is really hard to find. Where exactly they are located. Are those free?
    I checked Amazon and what they have are old materials and $150+ pretty expensive for a book.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    thehourman wrote: »
    Those two pdfs is really hard to find. Where exactly they are located. Are those free?
    I checked Amazon and what they have are old materials and $150+ pretty expensive for a book.

They are?

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx

Click on Review Study Resources, sign up for an account if you haven't already, download.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm going with the CCNA after I finish my MCSA/MCSE certification track. icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was looking over the Junos stuff. Then I realised how much BSD I've forgotten icon_cry.gif
    Oh well, time for a change in the study plans.