Options

CCNP:Voice thoughts?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
So my boss is mulling a CCNP:Voice training camp for a couple of us. They are not so much interested in certification as they just want us to learn as much about voice as we can. I of course want to get the cert.

I checked out Unitek, but $8,000 is asking a lot for our little company. x2 no less.

But 14 days of dedicated training sounds pretty sweet, and they are close to home so they would not have to pay for a hotel etc.

Just looking for general thoughts on this? Has anyone attending their voice bootcamp before? I am concerned it's just a brain **** in the guise of a lecture. I just want lab time and someone to explain the complicated bits. Maybe point out some trouble spots.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If your company wants actual training then I'd avoid cert bootcamps. All they are going to do is cram the objectives into you long enough to pass the exam. I'd look at actual vendor classes on the technologies if you want to really learn.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Vendor classes? Link?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bootcamps should only be used after you have read the books and have had some hours with the labs.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Hire me or my company to come in and do webinars. we can break it down into a few sessions a week so you have time to digest what you need to use. We can also look at your topology and give you an idea on how to use it the best. PM me for details. I'm much cheaper than those classes.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Check some of these courses out. Most single courses are in the week long range rather than trying to stuff all five CCNP V courses into a two week bootcamp. These will use the official Cisco material and should have the needed equipment to go along with the labs.

IP Communications Training - Training Resources - Cisco Systems
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.