Scheduled test-Final Prep-ICND1

jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scheduled the ICND1 test for April 23rd and now am going through final prep.

1. Read Odom ICND1 book
2. CCENT study from Chris Bryant

So now I am going to go back through the CCENT study from Bryant and go over some study guides I have. Anyone have any additional info I should go through or any things I should spend more time on?
ICND1 Test Apr 23

Comments

• okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    The Chris Bryant package is very good.

Make sure you are comfortable with the CLI.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Have you configured static routes and rip in packet tracer, or GNS3, or real hardware?

Is your subnetting up to speed? You should be able to solve any subnetting question on subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online in under a minute.

Sounds like you have your reading covered, you should be ok on the theory side of things.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe I am good on subnetting. Network guy showed me stuff here as well as CLI I have done some work on routers/switches and some stuff on sims. I want to hit subnetting again as well as some more commands.
    ICND1 Test Apr 23
  • AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know your "show" commands such as "show cdp neighbors" and "show cdp neighbors detail". Be able to diagram a network using these commands. Review the practice questions in the Odom book and any practice exams you can find online. Also, make sure you read and fully understand the questions on the test. Don't anticipate the answer, because there is no going back on a Cisco exam. Keep your eye on the clock, but don't go so fast that you make careless mistakes. If you can't solve a sim in 10 minutes, then move on or you will run out of time. As Wyatt Earp would say "take your time but do it in a hurry". Good luck on the exam!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Know the basics... how networks work.... my 2p
  • fslima0fslima0 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd say know the network fundamentals, practice SUBNETTING so that you can do it in your head, and be comfortable with the show commands... show run, show cdp neighbors, etc... I passed the ICND1 a week ago and I am already readying myself for the ICND2 exam..
    Current Goals: CCNP and RHCSA
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    jblake1986 wrote: »
    Scheduled the ICND1 test for April 23rd and now am going through final prep.

1. Read Odom ICND1 book
    2. CCENT study from Chris Bryant

So now I am going to go back through the CCENT study from Bryant and go over some study guides I have. Anyone have any additional info I should go through or any things I should spend more time on?

Well u look all ready to rock , just one thing why schedule the exam so far away. Just go bang it if you feel comftable and confident that you know the stuff .
    If the dates were available only for those then i trace back my words:) . BTw i'm myself giving my icnd1 next week . Good luck mateicon_thumright.gif