Options

Missing CD From my A+ book.

qwismqwism Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just bought Michael Meyer's A+ Prep book, 7th edition online, and i'm wondering should i just return it because it's missing the cd or if there are suitable, FREE, practice exams and such where i can get really good realistic practice for passing. I've looked on ucertify and other places and i do not want to be paying extra for a prep exam.

Or maybe i can just read through the book and hope for the best during exam time? =T

Return or not to return?

Comments

• Options
    DragonrangerDragonranger Member Posts: 101
    i think i would return it. I mean u did pay for it. Your gonna be paying even more just to take the A+ exam so you might as well try and be prepared as possible right? just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you buy it used from Amazon or another seller? If so, you have to pay attention to the condition it is listed in. I always check to make sure it is either in new, or like new condition. If it's listed in those two conditions, it should come with the CD. If not, you might be out of luck. If you purchased the book new, I would definitely return it. There is absolutely no reason a new book shouldn't come with the CD. Practice tests (that come on the CD) are probably the most important part of exam preparation.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SneakDogg wrote: »
    Did you buy it used from Amazon or another seller? If so, you have to pay attention to the condition it is listed in. I always check to make sure it is either in new, or like new condition. If it's listed in those two conditions, it should come with the CD. If not, you might be out of luck. If you purchased the book new, I would definitely return it. There is absolutely no reason a new book shouldn't come with the CD. Practice tests (that come on the CD) are probably the most important part of exam preparation.

+1 to everything he said
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    +1 to everything he said

Agreed!! The practice tests are very important in the preparation for the exam
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Agreed!! The practice tests are very important in the preparation for the exam

I disagree about the practice exams.

However the comments about noting the condition of a text BEFORE the purchase is critical. So, if your book was listed WITH a CD than by all means contact the reseller. Otherwise, consider it lesson learned.

I suspect you'll be fine without the disc as it is a PDF of the book and some questions, but I'd recommend you focus on knowing the objectives as well as using the text and at least one additional source to help you prepare.

And, I'll bet just about everyone who has purchased a used book online, has been caught with the missing CD or some other flaw they failed to notice at the time they hit 'buy'. This is how I learned to only use certain resellers and found that the range for what is considered as 'good' condition is way less than my expectation of what is acceptable as 'good'.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    qwismqwism Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I returned it this past friday, and already got my refund back. It was listed as almost new condition and i assumed the CD was also included.

Anyhow thanks for the advice, i'll keep it in mind for future reference while shopping.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    qwism wrote: »
    I returned it this past friday, and already got my refund back. It was listed as almost new condition and i assumed the CD was also included.

Anyhow thanks for the advice, i'll keep it in mind for future reference while shopping.

Hey, Good for you!

Yep, many others have been in this spot. Always good to read the description notes. If they are not clear enough, contact the seller. Check between
    Alibris
    Amazon
    Abebooks

Alibris deals with more 'book' resellers than Amazon (who deals with more individuals) so book resellers are typically more complete on descriptions and such. IF in doubt, just ask the seller :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?