About to take the 70-680 any last min advise

ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went through some of the ms press book and some practice tests

Comments

  • tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How soon are you going to take it?

    NOTE: I have not taken it myself but I heard there is stuff ont he exam that is not covered very well by the MS Press Book. I heard picking up Darril Gibson's book for the 70-685 and 70-686 Will help a lot!
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Go do quick reviews of topics that you're not fully comfortable with.

    Other than that relax and get in the right mind set; It will help. The first thing I did after clicking the start test button was spend about 5 minutes relaxing while I drew on picture on the supplied dry erase board.

    Let us know how you do!
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Taking the MS 70-680 tomorrow. Used MS prep book, professor messer videos, and lots of practice exams. Hope all goes well. Trying to knock this cert out before I enroll at WGU.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, so now I am really nervous about sims. I know the stuff, to the point I have a general idea what commands to use for what, but if I have to know the syntax by heart for some of the Oscdimg and other stuff, I think I may be in trouble.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Jourdsh wrote: »
    Ok, so now I am really nervous about sims. I know the stuff, to the point I have a general idea what commands to use for what, but if I have to know the syntax by heart for some of the Oscdimg and other stuff, I think I may be in trouble.

    All you need to be able to do is recognize it for the exam really. If you know when to use each command then you should be able to pick it out of multiple choice pretty easily.
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok. I can definitely pick it out of a lineup. Thanks that puts me at ease. I labbed the stuff, but my eyes still glaze over on command prompt stuff.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    Other than that relax and get in the right mind set; It will help. The first thing I did after clicking the start test button was spend about 5 minutes relaxing while I drew on picture on the supplied dry erase board.


    Reminds me of when I took my security+ exam. There was a guy in the room who was taking an exam at the same time. I don't know what exam he was taking but he kept tapping his marker on the desk and would occasionally slam his hand on the desk and curse under his breath.

    Drove me NUTS!
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    tecjohnson wrote: »
    Reminds me of when I took my security+ exam. There was a guy in the room who was taking an exam at the same time. I don't know what exam he was taking but he kept tapping his marker on the desk and would occasionally slam his hand on the desk and curse under his breath.

    Drove me NUTS!

    Reminds me of when I took my 70-680 last week.

    Instructor: "You won't be able to talk to yourself this time; Someone else is already testing in there"
    Me: "Really.. Who does that anyways?"
    Instructor: "You'd be surprised"

    We walk into the room and sure enough the other guy testing is talking to himself. That combined with a old CRT with a refresh rate that was like on seizure mode made for quite the distraction.
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    We walk into the room and sure enough the other guy testing is talking to himself. That combined with a old CRT with a refresh rate that was like on seizure mode made for quite the distraction.

    Hope you didn't take yours in Bellevue, that is where I am going tomorrow.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    Reminds me of when I took my 70-680 last week.

    Instructor: "You won't be able to talk to yourself this time; Someone else is already testing in there"
    Me: "Really.. Who does that anyways?"
    Instructor: "You'd be surprised"

    We walk into the room and sure enough the other guy testing is talking to himself. That combined with a old CRT with a refresh rate that was like on seizure mode made for quite the distraction.

    LOL!! That's funny... I took my 70-680 about 2 weeks ago and had a guy next to me tapping his fingernails on the desk repeatedly too. This was my third time in attempting the 70-680 though so I wasn't really affected by it though. The first time I must admit I was in that nail tapping stage..

    After reading the MS Press book and just the Sybex book, I swear I thought I was taking the wrong exam. A lot of the questions were so unfamiliar for me.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed with an 890! Had the room all to myself the instructor told me to feel free to yell out if I was frustrated I didn't know an answer.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Jourdsh wrote: »
    Passed with an 890! Had the room all to myself the instructor told me to feel free to yell out if I was frustrated I didn't know an answer.

    LOL, congrats.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • konvictkonvict Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello guys..taking mine tomorrow! Im xo nervous.
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, I was way too psyched out about the sims, but I shouldn't have been.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Jourdsh wrote: »
    Good luck, I was way too psyched out about the sims, but I shouldn't have been.

    The Sims???
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Simulations, heard about them, read about them. But was expecting something completely different than I experienced on the exams.
    WGU Progress
    _______________________________
    Transferred:AXV1, ABV1, TTV1
    Completed: EWB2, TNV1, TSV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, CLC1, INC1, WFV1, LUT1, INT1, HHT1, AHV1, ORC1, LET1, MGC1 ,GAC1, TPV1, AIV1
    Left: SSC1, SST1, BRV1, QLT1, BOV1, IWC1, IWT1, TWA1, AJV1, CPW2
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Jourdsh wrote: »
    Simulations, heard about them, read about them. But was expecting something completely different than I experienced on the exams.

    Ah, gotcha. Hmm. I haven't heard about it unless it's used with another term or something. I used the MS Press Book, Sybex book, CBT Nuggets & TrainSignal videos before I passed it after the third attempt. Googled all the objectives to make sure I could perform and revert changes in just about every method.
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAMember Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

    Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
Sign In or Register to comment.