Options

Another one bites the dust! Passed - CCDA

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
While waiting for the new and improved version 8 of the CIPT2 to be published, I completed and passed the CCDAv2 today with a 923. So it must be time for a beer (or three) tonight to celebrate.icon_cheers.gif

Resources were the CCDA Self-Study Guide, the CBT Nuggets videos (which I found very vague) and the INE video-on-demand (which I recorded to take with me). Wraped it up in about 8 weeks.

Why did I pick something not CCVP related as thats my current direction? Job commitments, sort of. I'm out on the road and away from my lab doing "visual" network audits (Zzzzzz...) up and down Eastern Australia, and just wanted to do something practical while away. As CCDA is "theory only" its ideal. Plus sitting in a pub night after night looses its appeal.:D

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats!!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Congratulations!
    I am studying for this one too ;) (in the same time as FCNSP, fortigate stuff becomes boring sometimes).

I will take a look at INE. Are the videos any good?

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The INE content isn't bad, some areas missing/lightly covered like any video series. I did find it better than the CBT Nuggets offering. The quality of the last 6(or so) dropped, instead of a clear presentation, the instructor wass moving away from the mic, so quality varied... I also suplemented it with some CCDP materials for added depth.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats....Good luck on the next one....
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!

I was thinking of going for the DA since they extended the retirement date until June.

I'm going to possibly study for the DA and ROUTE together. Does anyone think the NP material with some DA material is sufficient for the current DA exam?