Options

passed ICND1

martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
was a lucky shot. icon_cheers.gif

these exams are REALLY hard and the "?" and "/" chars didnt work in the test engine so show commands where kind of a hassle ...

but at least i gotta say that i knew my stuff better than i expected...

now off to icnd2 but first i will get some beers :)
And then, I started a blog ...

Comments

• Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Congratulations on the pass....

What study material did you you use ?

I've just picked up the Todd Lammle book this week, halfway through it, and did I wish I read it 'before' I took the exam...lol..!
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on Pass the ICND1
    Take sometime to soak it in and start on ICDN2 while you are motivated.
    ? how much time did you put inot studying?
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    thank you

i used CBT nuggets videos with jeremy to get an overview about what is what and then used Todd Lammle boo for reference and packet tracer to practise ios and get the "feeling" of doing stuff.

last thing kinda saved my ass because the simulations are way easier if you have configuered some devices before...
  • Options
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    Congratulation on Pass the ICND1
    Take sometime to soak it in and start on ICDN2 while you are motivated.
    ? how much time did you put inot studying?

i started in february but was very lazy in the beginning.

last two weeks i worked 3-4 hours a day on it with a good result
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats on the pass.
    I have to say that '?' has always worked for me in exam sim questions, perhaps they've changed it!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! I just started studying for this one myself and so far (through chapter 6 of the Odom ICND1 book) I've found that what everyone has told me up to now is true...the ICND1 is way more advanced than the Net+
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass.
    I have to say that '?' has always worked for me in exam sim questions, perhaps they've changed it!

they told me it was an issue with the testing system if you wanted to enter "?" or "/" it just displayed " "
    but they saif that if would have failed cisco would examine my test and eventually give me an exam voucher

you can imagine the cold fear crawling up my spine when i heard ? doesnt work ...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your Celebration drunken_smilie.gif -- and your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Looking to take this one myself once I finish up my math class. Don't want anything messing up my focus.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    thank you :)

beer no 2 is on the way ;)

and by the way do i have to do anything to get my certification sent to me or will this just be "in the mail"?
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    thank you :)

beer no 2 is on the way ;)

and by the way do i have to do anything to get my certification sent to me or will this just be "in the mail"?

I had to log into the cisco site and confirm my address.
  • Options
    SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing ICND1. Study hard for ICND2. I actually found it a little easier than ICND1. There is no other feeling like passing both tests and knowing that your hard work paid off and you are finally a CCNA. I promise you will be on cloud 9 when you walk out of that exam room. Good luck!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    i started in february but was very lazy in the beginning.

last two weeks i worked 3-4 hours a day on it with a good result

Congrats on the pass, Thats about when I started also in February- Read the Cisco press book - Todd Lammles Book - and watched the CBT's.

I am scheduled to take the test the 25th, and so far these last couple weeks like you I am going back over everything and refreshing myself on it all.icon_study.gif
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass, Thats about when I started also in February- Read the Cisco press book - Todd Lammles Book - and watched the CBT's.

I am scheduled to take the test the 25th, and so far these last couple weeks like you I am going back over everything and refreshing myself on it all.icon_study.gif

get your show commands and your subnetting to a max thats half the rent!