Options

MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Complete Study Guide (Exams 70-640, 70-642 and 70-643)

erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Sybex has 70-640, 70-642 and 70-643 prep material in one guide and RELEVANT to R2. It is coming out in Hard Cover soon but it is available NOW as a Kindle book! I downloaded the book in my Kindle, and the guide seems straightforward.

http://www.amazon.com/MCTS-Windows-Server-Complete-ebook/dp/B004UIBZPW/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1302705727&sr=8-1

As soon as I'm done with Javascript studies, I'm jumping on this like a mad man. With and without Text To Speech to boot (I gotta get a MCTS in something now...)

jmasterj206 deserves credit for finding out about the new Sybex R2 guides. I just wanted to let folks know, it is available now in Kindle format. :D (Unlike the previous guides....go Sybex!!)

Comments

• Options
    ConradJ wrote: »

The link works fine when I click on it. I made that post at home and I'm at work now.

Assuming there is some issue, when you go to Amazon.com, just search via the "ASIN" [Amazon Standard Identification Number] which is B004UIBZPW

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Works now! How strange. Oh well, I found it anyway. Thanks for the link, looks like a good read.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wish it had come out a month ago
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    About time considering the fact that the 2008R2 path is suppose to expire in 2013 icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    About time considering the fact that the 2008R2 path is suppose to expire in 2013 icon_lol.gif

All that means is that W2K8 environments will still be around until 2015/2016. icon_rolleyes.gif For the longest time, we still have W2K servers in production. (Not the PeopleSoft stuff...that's on W2K3...lmao.) I still support SQL Server 2000 in production...lol.

My whole PeopleSoft upgrade environment is on 2008 R2 now. (We'll be going live with it in June). Between that, my development environment, plus the minilab I got at home, I'm pretty much straight for the NDM emphasis. The only thing I needed was R2 materials...and I didn't want to hunt down pieces of R2 stuff from such-and-such book, or that-and-this TechNet article. I much rather have a book that touches what I need then supplement that with the Interwebs/videos/other books/TechNet articles. I didn't want to do that type of studying backwards, and that's partly why I went on with other WGU courses in the meantime.

Plus, I still have a MS-exam phobia...it won't go away until I sit for any MS exam and pass it. icon_cool.gif I envision that I will get into a rhythm that I can then use to take the exams I really want to do (DBA 2008 ).
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Wish it had come out a month ago

Perseverance.....you had that instead. icon_thumright.gif Not many folks can do what you did to become an EA...you will always have that going for you.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    erpadmin wrote: »
    . It is coming out in Hard Cover soon but it is available NOW as a Kindle book! I downloaded the book in my Kindle, and the guide seems straightforward.

jmasterj206 deserves credit for finding out about the new Sybex R2 guides. I just wanted to let folks know, it is available now in Kindle format. :D (Unlike the previous guides....go Sybex!!)

Glad to see Sybex is finally embracing ebooks. I stopped looking at their material because it didn't come with a digital copy or wasn't available as an ebook. I'm packing up my tech library to prepare for a move and I don't think I want another 1,000 page hardback server book - ever.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Glad to see Sybex is finally embracing ebooks. I stopped looking at their material because it didn't come with a digital copy or wasn't available as an ebook. I'm packing up my tech library to prepare for a move and I don't think I want another 1,000 page hardback server book - ever.

Every book I have bought from Sybex in the last two years has come with a PDF version.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Every book I have bought from Sybex in the last two years has come with a PDF version.
    Yeah, most of the ones I have owned included PDFs as well. I've had good luck with Sybex books (used them for every exam in MCITP: SA and EA), and I prefer to study from PDF, so they are usually my first choice.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV