Options

Passed today

Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Bit the bullet and took the exam 6 weeks earlier than originally scheduled. Came away with an 829.

I'm pretty pleased. The exam was not as challenging as I'd prepared for.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone here who provided advice and encouragement. So: thanks a lot! :)

I used the Meyers book, both Mike Harwood books and the N+ Passport, as well as Prof Messer's vids.

Time to up the ante now: the 70-680 exam icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass and good luck on your next exam!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

icon_cheers.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    Don't get too big a head yet though. You just went from afairly easy exam and are going to a really tough one. You better lab, lab, lab.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know the 70-680 is a MUCH harder exam. Don't worry, I wont be taking that one early ;)
  • Options
    JpgonzalJpgonzal Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! 6 weeks early nice! When did you start studying? What kind of time table did you set for yourself?
  • Options
    Jpgonzal wrote: »
    Congrats! 6 weeks early nice! When did you start studying? What kind of time table did you set for yourself?

I originally gave myself a little under 6 months, but found I ended up knowing way more than the exam required. I think going through a couple of textbooks and doing some practice exams, you'll only need 3 months or less.