Options

Northern VA

2»

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definitely consider doing it if it meant that it could help get me to being vested in my 401k. It would be great for doing east coast sightseeing on extended weekends, as well. I wouldn't consider the area my home... I am a midwesterner through and through, but I could do it for a few years.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like the best chance in owning a house is in the 300k-350k range... Wow. I'm just so frugal that these things are bothering me.

I basically have my old company calling me back and asking that I run IT for a couple lines of business. Big step that I need to take with a lot of change/risk involved in my life. I'm fairly adventurous but it battles with my frugality.

I'll see how this plays out.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mishra wrote: »
    Looks like the best chance in owning a house is in the 300k-350k range... Wow. I'm just so frugal that these things are bothering me.

I basically have my old company calling me back and asking that I run IT for a couple lines of business. Big step that I need to take with a lot of change/risk involved in my life. I'm fairly adventurous but it battles with my frugality.

I'll see how this plays out.

Have you looked more west into Gainesville? Its only a 30-45 min drive to Reston/Tysons in the morning, and depending on the time you leave in the afternoon it could be about the same.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I visited a friend in Falls Church and semi fell in love. My girlfriend is from Virginia Beach and would definitely move back to VA if I wanted to. It is pricey, but what a beautiful area. We'll be visiting in the next few months if you wanna meet up for a beer. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Have you looked more west into Gainesville? Its only a 30-45 min drive to Reston/Tysons in the morning, and depending on the time you leave in the afternoon it could be about the same.

Gainsville is a nice area also, but its about 20 minutes from Reston non rush hour. You're looking at a lot longer in the afternoons especially if you are taking 66. I looked into that area but no way I'd survive that drive everyday. I have horrible road rage.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gainsville is a nice area also, but its about 20 minutes from Reston non rush hour. You're looking at a lot longer in the afternoons especially if you are taking 66. I looked into that area but no way I'd survive that drive everyday. I have horrible road rage.

That's what I hear about NOVA. It's normally google maps time + 20 minutes or so.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□

I live in Gainesville and I used to work in Reston, one exit away from Tysons. In the mornings it would take me 40 min or so, in the afternoon it would take me 30 min. I left at around 330PM.
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    i live in herndon but have thought about settling down and buying out in gainesville/bristow... so much cheaper out there!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)