Cisco CIUS Tablet - NO not a joke!

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
As PlayBook Launches, Cisco's Cius Slowly Emerges - PCWorld

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11156/index.html

Seems like this is the direction John Chambers invisions the company towards.

Key highlights of Andriod 2.2 device:

The Cius has a 7-inch screen and a 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor. It will come initially with Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity, Cisco has said. The company claims about eight hours of battery life. Verizon Wireless said in January that it would begin selling the Cius for use on its 4G LTE (Long-Term Evolution) network in the spring and would be the first carrier to offer the tablet.

Also it is NOT competing with ipad and others lol....sure.

Anyways it comes out in May, sounds interesting, it is geared towards enterprises. It is suppose to be a companion to the cisco unified communications / Telepresence /UMI products i guess. Sorry if this has been posted.
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chrisone wrote: »
    Seems like this is the direction John Chambers invisions the company towards.
    I hope not. This was announced with much fanfare at the last Major CiscoLIVE in the US Summer 2010....

Since the next major US CiscoLIVE is coming up July 11-15th, maybe they can show the Apps running on the Xoom Tablet running Android 3.0. icon_rolleyes.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    They had one of them at Cisco Live last year. They looked pretty cool, but I like my iPad better.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□

Key highlights of Andriod 2.2 device:

Lost my interest because of that. I don't understand why companies are still releasing tablets running 2.x. Oh well, atleast the Asus Transformer will be out next month :D
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510

Didn't Cisco say this week they were trying to get out of consumer devices?
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    haha i dunno but during stressful moments many things can happen. Just take Kobe Bryant for example icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX