Options

Calling party masking

I'm stumped on a particular issue we're having and hope someone here might have an idea.

I've set up a contact center for our internal help desk using uccx 8 and agents are using IP phone agent. They all have a unique extension that contact center routes to. The problem is that they often call out to follow up on an issue. When they call out, there unique extension is what is displayed. We have noticed that people are now calling the agents on their unique extension, rather than through the service desk pilot number, effectively rendering the contact center useless. Even when agents are in a not ready state , people calling their direct extension get through to them.

I need to be able to either :

a) Mask their extension when calling out. i.e. They call out from 1234 but it shows 4567 on the receiving end.

b) block the extension from displaying at all

c) find some way to prevent users from calling these extensions, but also leave the transfer functionality available for the service desk agents to transfer among themselves.

The cisco discussion community hasnt been much help. I'm not even sure that this is possible. I've tried playing with calling party transformations, but I cant create a transformation for an existing DN, and everything I've read shows that transformations that match won't ever route to a device. Any ideas?
Working on CCIE Collaboration:
Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    sandman748 wrote: »
    I'm stumped on a particular issue we're having and hope someone here might have an idea.

I've set up a contact center for our internal help desk using uccx 8 and agents are using IP phone agent. They all have a unique extension that contact center routes to. The problem is that they often call out to follow up on an issue. When they call out, there unique extension is what is displayed. We have noticed that people are now calling the agents on their unique extension, rather than through the service desk pilot number, effectively rendering the contact center useless. Even when agents are in a not ready state , people calling their direct extension get through to them.

I need to be able to either :

a) Mask their extension when calling out. i.e. They call out from 1234 but it shows 4567 on the receiving end.

b) block the extension from displaying at all

c) find some way to prevent users from calling these extensions, but also leave the transfer functionality available for the service desk agents to transfer among themselves.

The cisco discussion community hasnt been much help. I'm not even sure that this is possible. I've tried playing with calling party transformations, but I cant create a transformation for an existing DN, and everything I've read shows that transformations that match won't ever route to a device. Any ideas?

On the route patterns to dial out go to calling party transformations and add a calling party transform mask to a number you would like to see there. And just in case. Go to the actual agent extension and go down to the external phone mask and change it there 2.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Doesn't the external phone mask apply to external calls only? The calls I am trying to mask are internal. Extension to extension. I'm starting to think it may not be possible.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    OH OK I see where where you are going. I'm not to sure if there is a way to mask the internal number.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    try CUCM --> Call Routing --> Transformation (not translation patterns)?
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Depending on the size of your call center, this is how I would go about it:

Assuming the 4 digit extensions that are members of the call center are sequential (4100-4299 or something), then I would make a translation pattern for the pattern of 41xx and 42xx, both of which would have a calling party translation for whatever extension you have for the call center.

If you do not have the call center DID block in a sequential range, I would isolate all of their phones into a separate partition for the Call Center, and after making sure they can still route calls properly, add a translation pattern for XXXX in that to a calling number of whatever extension you have for the call center.

Should work.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.