Asus Transformer now on sale at AAFES (military)

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just an FYI for active duty and vets that have access to AAFES Online:

You can now order the Asus Transformer 16GB and 32GB from their site. No docking station bundles right now though.

I just ordered the 32GB one icon_thumright.gif
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    i dont have access =(

what price is the 16 gig
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i dont have access =(

what price is the 16 gig

16GB is $420 shipped
    32GB is $495 shipped

Prices are a little higher than announced price but it is tax free and free shipping so that didn't stop me from ordering, lol.
    WGU PROGRESS

• trailstrails Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just ordered a 32GB Transformer through my dad's AAFES account for $495. No shipping and no taxes.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    the transformer looks crazy. does it have any competition? it looks like a definite ipad killer.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it more than meets the eye??
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
    the transformer looks crazy. does it have any competition? it looks like a definite ipad killer.

It is priced just right to be one. The big negatives with Xoom vs Ipad was lack of Flash (now available) & non-functional card reader (still not available) plus high price tag. All of those issues are resolved with this device.

All that is really missing is app selection. However, this is likely to be resolved soon as Honeycomb has just recently been released and developers are finally getting their hands on physical devices and not just emulators.
    WGU PROGRESS

Nobylspoon wrote: »
    It is priced just right to be one. The big negatives with Xoom vs Ipad was lack of Flash (now available) & non-functional card reader (still not available) plus high price tag. All of those issues are resolved with this device.

All that is really missing is app selection. However, this is likely to be resolved soon as Honeycomb has just recently been released and developers are finally getting their hands on physical devices and not just emulators.

when did the iPad get flash?
    when did the iPad get flash?

It didn't and never will. I was talking about the Xoom. Flash wasn't ready when it released so there were a lot of negative reviews towards it because of that...
    WGU PROGRESS

• SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Personally, I have never and would never buy electronics from AAFES. Seriously, the only things that are somewhat cheap are alcohol, meat and cigarettes. The "tax free" gig is misleading, since they jack up the sticker price anyway. (The 16GB is set to be $399 at Best Buy for example)

As for an iPad killer, I'll believe it when I see it. So far everyone has failed at doing more than try to emulate any product Apple has released.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Personally, I have never and would never buy electronics from AAFES. Seriously, the only things that are somewhat cheap are alcohol, meat and cigarettes. The "tax free" gig is misleading, since they jack up the sticker price anyway. (The 16GB is set to be $399 at Best Buy for example).

They usually do have a markup on their electronics but they also price match. If the sticker price does end up being $399 then I will be credited back the difference ;)
    WGU PROGRESS

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    SteveLord wrote: »

As for an iPad killer, I'll believe it when I see it. So far everyone has failed at doing more than try to emulate any product Apple has released.
    thats just what i was thinking...not because the hardware or OS will be inferior, which it might be, but because of iTunes. Nobody can touch iTunes...ive been dying with my motodroid. The droid market has been out well over a year and they arent 1% as good as itunes. They've got angry birds and a few major news apps i use, but other than that, its a wasteland.
    im still gonna wait till about november (right before christmas when the put out the newest stuff) before i get a tab

i really want to play with them first as well at a store