Options

What is the pre-test about on Microsoft exams

ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
the test ask about what you know on the main topics of the test

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's just a survey about your level of knowledge / experience. It doesn't affect your exam.
  • Options
    mcitp_gurumcitp_guru Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are put in place just to familiarise yourself with the different exam question formats, they have no effect on your exam scoring.

Most of the time way too eager to get started on the exam and I just skip them. Although in saying that, they are good to go through though just to calm your nerves and to shift your brain into exam mode.
    Check out my blog for information on the MCITP Certification.
  • Options
    StridenteStridente Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not so sure that the pre-test doesn't affect the exam.
    Why the pre-test is at start of the exam and not at the end?

Very suspecting.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pre-test > Before.
    Post-test > After.

It only seems logical they ask you these questions before and not after. Wouldnt you ask someone if they are confident of doing a task before delegating it to them?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Stridente wrote: »
    Why the pre-test is at start of the exam and not at the end?

Very suspecting.

Essendon wrote: »
    Pre-test > Before.
    Post-test > After.

It only seems logical they ask you these questions before and not after. Wouldnt you ask someone if they are confident of doing a task before delegating it to them?

Dude, let's not harp this guy on semantics; he was asking why not have a post-test as opposed to the pre-test.

His suspicions are kind of warranted. I heard rumors that the way the "pre-test" is answered effects the exam you take after it's done. I'm not trying to get all conspiracy theory on folks...just saying that's what I heard.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Dude, let's not harp this guy on semantics; he was asking why not have a post-test as opposed to the pre-test.

His suspicions are kind of warranted. I heard rumors that the way the "pre-test" is answered effects the exam you take after it's done. I'm not trying to get all conspiracy theory on folks...just saying that's what I heard.

One of the course mentors for the MS certs suggests answering middle of the road. I don't know if he has confirmed info or just second hand from students, but he states that if you answer that you're a beginner you'll get more book oriented questions. If you answer that you've got a lot of expereience, you'll got more complicated implementation scenarios. If you go middle of the road you'll get middle of the road type things.

I can't confirm it myself as I have yet to sit a MS exam, but I fully intend to follow the advice.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hypntick wrote: »
    One of the course mentors for the MS certs suggests answering middle of the road. I don't know if he has confirmed info or just second hand from students, but he states that if you answer that you're a beginner you'll get more book oriented questions. If you answer that you've got a lot of expereience, you'll got more complicated implementation scenarios. If you go middle of the road you'll get middle of the road type things.

I can't confirm it myself as I have yet to sit a MS exam, but I fully intend to follow the advice.

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to...Dr. Jia's suggestion.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I doubt the pre-test has any bearing on the questions you receive. It is simply a survey to seen what experience you have. If you could affect the questions you receive by simply trying to manipulate things, M$ would shut that down ASAP.

Claymoore had a good post on this somewhere.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/63488-70-680-failed.html