Options

MMC problem

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey everyone

I just have abit of a problem long story short im trying to setup a SSTP connection getting straight to the point on my Windows 7 Client when I go to the MMC console and add Certificate snapin it wont prompt me for user or computer.

I did abit of my own research and found out that that user account has to be in the builtin admins group on the DC in order for it to pop up on the client but it still doesnt come up.
if anyone can give me some hints I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hackmerhackmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you about this step:
    captureoj.png
    Adding Certificate snap-in into mmc after installing/configuring Server Authentication certificate?
    Khem, I've checked it and it work normally. (On Server 2008R2 and Win7. Both worked normally)
    P.S.
    Look here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms788967.aspx
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754431.aspx
  • Options
    unnamedplayerunnamedplayer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sina2011 wrote: »
    hey everyone

I just have abit of a problem long story short im trying to setup a SSTP connection getting straight to the point on my Windows 7 Client when I go to the MMC console and add Certificate snapin it wont prompt me for user or computer.

I did abit of my own research and found out that that user account has to be in the builtin admins group on the DC in order for it to pop up on the client but it still doesnt come up.
    if anyone can give me some hints I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

Right click the MMC and select "Run As Administrator." Then add the Certificates snap-in and you should be prompted to choose user, computer, or service.
  • Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey hackmer and unamedplayer thanks for the replies yeah it helped out alot I was trying to do this 4am I guess I wasnt thinking straight now I cant connect to the vpn server using SSTP Im going to have a look at it and see what I can find to fix it up.

Thanks.