Options

Wireshark

geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
Going to Interop and one of the training secessions is for Wireshark. Anyone have a recommendation of an entry level Wireshark book? No knowledge of Wireshark is required for the class, but I think I will get more out of it with some familiarity. So I am thinking a Wireshark for dummies kind of deal.

Comments

• Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    You probably can't go wrong using their official study guide

Wireshark University

Or just their site documentation and videos will give you a good idea.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    Chris_ wrote: »
    You probably can't go wrong using their official study guide

Wireshark University

Or just their site documentation and videos will give you a good idea.

Yea, I would if it was not $99 lol

Looked at some of the videos.. Will see what the documentation on the site is like..
  • Options
    seekritseekrit Member Posts: 103
    I bought the Wireshark DVD bootcamp a couple years back as the official certification material in preparation for the up and coming Certification. Pretty great series. Still haven't taken the exam though.

Laura's new Wireshark book is a mandatory read... It also serves as the *new official certification material. If your company is paying you to go through the course I'd be extremely surprised to hear the book wasn't part of the course. Brush up on your Transport layer and Network layer communications. DHCP/DNS/ICMP/TCP/UDP/IP, the materiel is really thick..
  • Options
    solidxnakesolidxnake Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is not better knowledge than the one you gain by using the product. Download it and use it at home ( or work if permitted) - You can then get examples online of what you can do with WS.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    Bokeh wrote: »

I went ahead and garbed it, thanks for the heads up