Lync Server 2010

apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone familiar with Lync Server 2010? I am running into the following issue:

I am in the process of setting up Lync Server 2010. I am able to get my clients to connect but they are receiving their certificates from a public CA, not the local CA I built. The Lync Server had received it's certificate from the local CA.

Everything is functioning and I am able to send IM's between multiple clients that have Lync installed but would like the certificates for the clients to be issued through my local CA, not a public CA.

Can anyone give me some pointers and/or advice?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    When you selected the certificate to use during the Lync installation did you select the key generated by your CA? Your end users will trust the Enterprise CA by default as long as they are joined to the domain but when you install the Lync server you will still need to select a key generated by your CA.
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
  • apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your response. I did and everything was working fine on Saturday while we were doing maintenance but this morning we could not login any new users.

I found out after I had posted that a change was made to one of our DC's. I believe this change has affected the auto-enrollment feature as the 2 other techs who were working with me over the week-end are able to login just fine - because they got their certs issued before the AD change.

So, it appears to be an auto-enrollment issue through AD now...