Options

Nightmare Work / DMV story

millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
Well this last week just totally sucked! My company sent me a notice on Friday that they recieved a notice from CA DMV to garnish my wages on a car I used to own that had tickets on. it And that my next check which I will get on Thursday will have the garnishment for 1030$ worth of tickets.

I freaked out when they sent me the notice because it was for a car I sold 2 1/2 years ago and the tickets were not mine! I called DMV and confirmed with them that they recieved my release of liability 2 1/2 years ago, but the owner never transferred it into their name and got tickets while driving it.

They then said they didn't know why revenue recovery didnt see the release on it. So they forwarded me to that department, which reviewed it and closed the collections on it, since they validated I am not the owner of the vehicle and the tickets dont belong to me.

But too late, payrolls already been processed and they raped $700 out of my check. Now I'll have to wait god who knows how long for DMV to refund my payroll department the money. If the lines at the DMV are any indication I'm going to be waiting a while.

DMV Screwed up and put a hardship on me... this week sucks! Anyone ever have any horror stories like this?
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments