Options

70-680

Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
OK so I am a new here. Been out of IT for a while. Got back into it after I completed my ISS. Anyhow, I was told taking the 70-680 is the way to start for certs.

I picked up the the ExamCram MCTS 70-680... Anyone have any words about these series of books?

I also am not sure how to do labs... I remember microsoft used to offer labs many years ago on their site.... do they still do this?

Thanks!
"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

Comments

• Options
    JourdshJourdsh Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check the errata before you do some of the practise exams, some of the instructions are missing. Other than that it is a decent book, but dry as heck. If you have the option of picking up a second book I would recommend it. However I did pass with just the MS book.
    WGU Progress
  • Options
    Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Jourdsh wrote: »
    Check the errata before you do some of the practise exams, some of the instructions are missing. Other than that it is a decent book, but dry as heck. If you have the option of picking up a second book I would recommend it. However I did pass with just the MS book.

I grabbed a copy of the ms press book as well...

did you do labs?
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."