Info about Cisco's Simulator questions

sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
Hey folks

this is a thing i will surely sort out before sitting for my next exam icon_evil.gif .

According to the link given below

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268
Cisco wrote:
The router simulation exam questions do not require candidates to save the configuration prior to exiting the simulation question to receive credit.

and the post below it says
My Instructor told me that the ? command did not work, but I tried it and it did.

In my case i got a trouble shooting question asking in which there were 3 routers. and the question asking "there was so-so company , hired some guy to setup the network and the routers cannot communicate. fix the network so that routers can communicate.... I fixed the netword and PINGED all the routers from each other. And proceeded to the next question WITHOUT saving config.

So if i was not correct how were the routers able to ping each other? and if Cisco is correct "that we need not save the config" then how is it possible that i got 40% in trouble shooting after i successfully completed the SIM(which carries the highest score!)
:santa:

Comments

• hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't save config in my ccna test. pretty sure it's not required.
  • c_gc_g Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In the real world you wouldn't make changes and then walk away. It doesn't hurt to save the config. Even if it isn't required, I do for peace of mind.
    Thanks for the help, -cg
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    hc2ab wrote:
    I didn't save config in my ccna test. pretty sure it's not required.
    It is not required, as explicitely mentioned on the cisco site.
    c_g wrote:
    In the real world you wouldn't make changes and then walk away. It doesn't hurt to save the config. Even if it isn't required, I do for peace of mind.
    I agree. I always assumed it was required for the same reason. And even though it isn't, I probably will save the config on my next Cisco sim, just a habit. icon_wink.gif