Options

need some advice on preparing for 70-210

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
Hi All,

I just need some advice on preparing for my 2nd Exam. I plan on taking the 70-210 exam before the end of June 2003. I took the 70-210 exam a couple months ago, but Failed icon_sad.gif . My score was 480 & the pass mark was 540 I think or could of been higher as I lost my score sheet. I know I didn't do good enough to pass (I think it was due to a lack of study I only looked over a exam cram book for 4 nights before the exam), but was just wondering if I was far off... does anyone know?

I have a MS press MCSA self study pack & Transenders from Transender.com

icon_arrow.gif Would this be enough to pass the exam?
icon_arrow.gif Does anyone know the pass score for exam 70-210?
icon_arrow.gif If I understand the Objectives and can answer the
Objective questions in the back of the Win2kPro book, is that a sure way of telling that I understand that Objective?
icon_arrow.gif Also what is the best score on Transenders to aim for??

Hope someone can help me, I really need to pass my next exam icon_exclaim.gif

D-boy

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I have a MS press MCSA self study pack & Transenders from Transender.com

Would this be enough to pass the exam?
    Yes, actually either of those products, but 1 extra thing can make a big difference: a pc with Windows 2000 Pro.
    Also read the TechNotes we have so far, and take as many of the practice exams you can find until you consistently get high scores.
    Does anyone know the pass score for exam 70-210?
    Passing score is 540 indeed.
    If I understand the Objectives and can answer the
    Objective questions in the back of the Win2kPro book, is that a sure way of telling that I understand that Objective?
    no, not always, if it involves a task, you should try it out on a Windows 2000 Pro machine to see what really happens and how it influences the system's operation.
    Also what is the best score on Transenders to aim for??
    85 to 90 percent. Personally I go for the 100%, also be sure to read and understand their explanations and if you don't, follow the reference (often one to the online available resource kits) and read that.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice Webmaster, I'll let you know if I pass! :D

Thanks again,

D-boy
  • Options
    PelsonPelson Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You have certain about the score for 70-210 ?

its = 540 ?

1) 540 = 54% ?

2) How Many Questions = ? 50 or 60

I made this tests .

1) Technet i made 72% , first time

2) Transcender 1 = 41 questions = made for the 3

3) Transcender 2 = 48 questions = made for the 3

Its good ?

I think make the test 4 july.

Thanks
    Nelson
  • Options
    That is pretty good, and if you shedule the test, you still have a full week to prepare. Should be very doable....

Good luck!
  • Options
    Allow permissions are cumulative, for example, John is a member of the Sales group and the Management group. Sales has been allowed Modify Permissions for the folder SalesReports and its files, Management has been allowed Read permissions for the same folder and the files in it. John's effective permissions in this case is Modify.

So does this mean that the least restrictive permission applies icon_confused.gif:

icon_exclaim.gif I know if it's a share across the network and NTFS permissions are also in effect, it's the most restrictive permission that is applied.

Is that the right understanding icon_confused.gif:

I have my 210 exam tomorrow!!!!

D-boy!

I like those technotes, but this was one part I couldn't get my head round
  • Options
    D-boy wrote:
    Allow permissions are cumulative, for example, John is a member of the Sales group and the Management group. Sales has been allowed Modify Permissions for the folder SalesReports and its files, Management has been allowed Read permissions for the same folder and the files in it. John's effective permissions in this case is Modify.

So does this mean that the least restrictive permission applies icon_confused.gif:

No, it's just the other way around, like it says, it is cumulative. Read + Modify = Modify. (if it would be least retrictive it would be read). Only of deny is used it will override the cumulative allow permissions.

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    Thanks!

So because he has modify and modify already includes the Read permisson his final permisson is modify?

Could you make a chart for me of the other permissons and how cumulative applies to them? I know it might seem like a dumb request but I have been study alot and just can't get my head round it, if you could show a chart it would make it clear for me.

Thanks again.

D-boy!
  • Options
    So if John is a member of the Sales group and the Management group. Sales has been allowed Read Permissions for the folder SalesReports and its files, Management has been allowed Read permissions for the same folder and the files in it. John's effective permissions in this case is Read.

Is that right? Read

And if John is a member of the Sales group and the Management group. Sales has been allowed Write Permissions for the folder SalesReports and its files, Management has been allowed Read permissions for the same folder and the files in it. John's effective permissions in this case is Read & Write.

Is that right? Read & Write.

And if John is a member of the Sales group and the Management group. Sales has been allowed Read & Execute Permissions for the folder SalesReports and its files, Management has been allowed Read permissions for the same folder and the files in it. John's effective permissions in this case is Read & Execute.

Is that right? Read & Execute
  • Options
    Yes, all correct. You seem to get it quite well.

It's actually very logical if you think about it. For example, the Sales group has read access to Reports. If you want an individual user, John, to be able to read the files, you simply add it to the group. But what if you want John to have Full Control permissions... if the permissions would NOT be cumulative, you can add John with full control but it wouldn't make a difference since he still has only read through the Sales group. (of course you could remove John from the Sales group, but that group might be assigned for other resources (folders/printers) where he still should have access to.

I.o.w if someone already has permissions to a folder through group membership, and you want to give additional permissions to that user for the same folder, it can't be 'least restrictive' logically...

This is also why deny permissions override everything, even cumulative permissions. If the Sales group has read access allowed for the Reports folder, and you want John (who is a member of Sales) not to be able to read the files, you would assign him deny read permissions.

Deny permission are not cumulative, for example, even if Sales (with John in it)would have Full Control to the Reports folder, if you assign him deny permissions those will override.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thanks for that, I understand it now.... I think i was making it seem harder than it actually was!