Hosting a WebSever from home.

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys

I just have a question about regarding hosting a webserver at home I understand that hosting a webserver at home isnt the best way to go but I like to get one going just to get some hands on experience on it as im new to I.T.

I know all the steps I need to go through in order to get it up and running my question is I dont have knowledge in HTML and because of that I need to purchase a Tempalate website from websites that offer the purchase of "ready websites" I also understand that as well what Im not sure with say I purchase one of those template websites how do I modify the contents like the details of the website.?

Thanks.

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can learn a lot here: W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Dont buy a template, get a free one. Google free web template.

To edit the content, you'll want to open the webpages with a tool like Dreamweaver.
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    brad- wrote: »
    Dont buy a template, get a free one. Google free web template.

To edit the content, you'll want to open the webpages with a tool like Dreamweaver.

Or just google for free html editors and you will find a bunch.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey guys thanks for the replies I really appreciate all your inputs.

Ive actually started to looking into (Forum template websites) but my main problem is how do I change contents of the forum when need be as I dont have any web programming knowledge even though codeblox suggested a website on how to edit websites it wasnt what I was looking for but still I good reference for basic websites.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    sina2011 wrote: »
    hey guys thanks for the replies I really appreciate all your inputs.

Ive actually started to looking into (Forum template websites) but my main problem is how do I change contents of the forum when need be as I dont have any web programming knowledge even though codeblox suggested a website on how to edit websites it wasnt what I was looking for but still I good reference for basic websites.

Each suite tends to have it's own templating system, and how to modify that is going to be unique to each suite. Wordpress themes aren't the same as Drupal themes which aren't the same as phpbb themes, etc. It all depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying to edit the look and feel of something, you have no choice - you go edit the template, and that means learning what works and what doesn't. These days to be any good at editing themes, you have to know enough html, css, and php to be dangerous.