Options

Can't believe I failed...by 1 question!!!

raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I sat for the test yesterday and scored a 801 and needed an 825 to passed...so pissed. I felt comfortable with everything...but it was MODERATED sims that killed me. One of them I took entirely too long to complete and the other caught me by surprise and wasn't able to finish it AND the remainder of the test questions. I finished w/ :18 left and failed by 24 points. Angry does not adequately describe the way I feel...Out of all the objectives I got 100% on 3 or 4 of them, 74%, 54%, and a 0%. The last 2 I attribute to the sims...Goin back next week with vengeance!

Comments

• Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that, don't give up and practice those 54/0% section meticulously!
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    I think another aspect of the sims that makes the situation worse when you are against the clock is the fact the way its worded and what they want you to do.

atleast you have sat the test and know what to expect now. I guess you cant expect anything but i felt stressed out when I couldnt get my head around a sim. I think the max I spent on a sim was 7 or 8 mins but luckily enough all the non sim question speed it all up if you know the material.

• Options
    SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What does the sim ask you to do?
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    SneakDogg wrote: »
    What does the sim ask you to do?

He can't answer that question without violating the NDA
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry you didn't pass!! icon_sad.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go ahead and PM me. It's all anonymous here.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□

Anonymous or not, we're not interested in cheating or cheaters. Is actually learning the material too much to ask?
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    you forgot the golden rule. Never spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod

That's still going to be an NDA-violation, definitely not encouraged on this forum and not allowed by Cisco.

raptur2000, I definitely feel your pain on falling short with your score. I remember sitting for the 640-801 exam and getting something like five or six points below the necessary 850. I swear, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I saw that last screen. You've definitely got the right idea: study up on the things your score-report listed as weaknesses, invest some time in labbing out what you remember from those sims, do some review of everything else, and then go back and kill it.

Good luck! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Now you know what to expect and your weakness . Just strengthen on those areas and you good to go!
  • Options
    WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    raptur2000, don't sweat it.

This has happened to me ....TWICE on the ICND2. I was ticked off since these exams are not only pricy but ONE QUESTION?! I was like "c'mon! really?"

Just keep at it, keep reviewing, and after a while it'll be a "wow, I can't believe I thought this material was hard" Its all about repitition and time. The name of the game in almost any field is "the more you do it, the better you get at it". The ones who succeed are the ones who dont give in and stick with it!

Good luck! You can PM me if you have any questions, I passed the CCNA so I can be of help if you have any technical questions.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Anonymous or not, we're not interested in cheating or cheaters. Is actually learning the material too much to ask?

Please don't PM him the questions from your test, not only does it violate the rules of the exam, but it brings down the credibility of the exam for everyone else.
  • Options
    AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Folks, have some pride in yourselves please. Helping someone out is one thing, but giving them the answers is another. If I may borrow a quote from Jeremy Cioara, "not only does it de-valuate the exam, it also de-valuates you." The Cisco exam is designed to be tough, but it is fair.

raptur2000, don't get discouraged. You are very close to passing. Now that you've taken the exam, I promise the second time around will be easier. I was so nervous when I took the ICND1 that I could barely operate the mouse because my hand was shaking. Study the Cisco Press Book (I read it cover to cover four times, but that's probably overkill). Practice sims, know IP subnetting cold, know your show command, RIP and static routing, port numbers, etc. Good luck!
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    raptur2000 wrote: »
    I sat for the test yesterday and scored a 801 and needed an 825 to passed...so pissed. I felt comfortable with everything...but it was MODERATED sims that killed me. One of them I took entirely too long to complete and the other caught me by surprise and wasn't able to finish it AND the remainder of the test questions. I finished w/ :18 left and failed by 24 points. Angry does not adequately describe the way I feel...Out of all the objectives I got 100% on 3 or 4 of them, 74%, 54%, and a 0%. The last 2 I attribute to the sims...Goin back next week with vengeance!

It could be worse. You could have missed 10 questions or more. With only 1, you've got a good understanding of how things work. The time gets to people on these things though. Study up, go back, relax and don't let the sims trip you up again. You'll kill it, good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    raptur2000raptur2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Scheduled my retake for Monday. Hopefully I will be at least one question better this time. I have been self studying this test for the last 3 months, I am so ready to move on...Thanks guys for the advice, I will let you know what happens on Monday!
  • Options
    dandixdandix Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry you'll have it next time. Just don't cram to much right before test, give your brain time to rest. Just my 2 cents!!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    miller811 wrote: »

Words of wisdom, indeed! Sorry to hear about your bad experience but no matter how well you do on the rest of the exam, if you hose the SIMS for what ever reason, you are not likely to have a positive outcome.

They are usually very heavily weighted......

Go knock em dead, next time!icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck on the retake!!

First time I took my CCNA I failed by 15 points or so.. Retook it the first I could and passed with almost a 900. Don't let it get you down.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Sorry to hear about the fail, just hit the labs hard this week and go knock em dead.

miller811 wrote: »

That rule definitely won't fly with some of the new sims for the CCNP, I spent at least 15 mins on one for the SWITCH exam.

joe