Is Your Office Chair Killing You?

ViLeNTViLeNT Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Stumbled upon this interesting article on yahoo.com the other day at work. Maybe i'm just being paranoid but the statistics and research is rather eye opening. Being in the IT industry...we're constantly sitting and typing away...its important to try and get up atleast twice an hour... stay hydrated....etc, these are things I try to build into my every day routine...and even still I forget, I just remembered to get up after about 3 hours of working to do a lap around the office and grab some water...what are you guys doing during your work days to stay active and from sitting all the time? It says normal excercise although beneficial....still doesn't prevent issues that occured after prolonged sitting...

Health: Staying Active | Men's Health

Comments

• AkiiiAkiii Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very interesting topic that you have brought up... I always try to get up from my chair and move a bit around the office atleast once in an hour, but usually when I'm about to stand up I get a ping or a phone in that second, or I don't even have a chance because I'm in a bridge or incident
  • ViLeNTViLeNT Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually have an adjustable monitor that I can raise to eye level while standing and my keyboard is at a comfertable height as well. Sometimes I find standing and working for 15-20 minutes at a time can be relaxing and a change of pace. I dont care if people look at me weird...they already look at us IT folk weird anyway right? :-p

I've also seen some individuals ditch their chairs all together for excercise balls, suppose to be great for your back, plus fun too, you can bounce around :)!