Options

ExamForce or Transcender?

morikawebmorikaweb Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm taking my Security+ on my own so I can only afford one pice of testing software. I'm torn between ExamForce and Transcender. Does anyone have experience with both these pieces of software? Which one would you recommend?

BTW: My main traning matirial is the book "CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201" by Darril Gibson.

Comments

• Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    morikaweb wrote: »
    I'm taking my Security+ on my own so I can only afford one pice of testing software. I'm torn between ExamForce and Transcender. Does anyone have experience with both these pieces of software? Which one would you recommend?

BTW: My main traning matirial is the book "CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201" by Darril Gibson.

Don't even bother with ExamForce. Honestly, Darril's book is the only resource needed to pass the test.

Read it through carefully studying practice questions and then followup what you're weak on. Go over the cryptography a few times to make sure you're solid on it.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    here's my suggestions regarding Practice Exams

Kaplan Selftest (Test Prep for Certification Preparation ? Kaplan SelfTest)

Transcenders ( Transcender IT Certification Prep Training Products - Practice Exams and More)

These two are basically the same company now.

Kaplan=Transcenders

Welcome to Virtual Exam Cram

Measureup (CompTIA Security+)

Here's some free ones
    ProProfs: Knowledge Sharing Tools & Free Online Education

I would stay away from Examforce, they are pushy salesman, I did downloaded their free trial version, then a couple days later they are calling me all the time even at work even when I sent them an email to tell that I am not interested, to a point to tell that I was going to the better business bureau, then they stop. STAY AWAY from EXAMFORCE!

Dan
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have used both and can tell you like this (Examforce during the Windows 2000 days...never for anything else.)

Examforce is to a crappy car as Transcender is to a quality-built car.

However, I would say get neither and stick with Darril Gibson's book. I did use Transcenders for the Security+ but when I sat for the exam, most of the questions were answered just with Darril's book. Because I overprepared, I got 870/900 (and I wasn't even shooting for something that high.)

If you are getting 80-90% or more in all of Darril Gibson's chapter test and at least 80% on the final exam at the end of the book, you are more than ready for the real thing.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    morikaweb wrote: »

None of the above.

If you are tight on money, Darril's book should be enough.

But if you want additional practice questions, try downloading the free preview of Preplogic's software. I used it briefly, but didn't study from it extensively.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    None of the above.

If you are tight on money, Darril's book should be enough.

You get something like over 400 practice questions that do more than enough to get by the real exam. That alone is worth more than $9.99 on Amazon (Kindle Edition). No one is kidding when it's said that his book is the truth when it comes to the 201 Security+ exam.

By far, the best certification book (to date) I have read. (In terms of content, subject matter and passing the exam.) You're not going to become a CISSP with that book, but you will pass Security+. Period.