Options

Setup Windows 2008 R2 Failover Clustering with VMWare Workstation

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Setup Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Failover Cluster in VMware Workstation

Pretty good tutorial on setting up clustering in VMWare workstation. Something you may want to try if you have some spare time.
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good article. I could have used that when I was studying for the 70-643 last year.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Good article. I could have used that when I was studying for the 70-643 last year.

I got it working here (using two different physical vm servers) as a proof of concept/testing. I have two servers (the cluster) residing on one physical VM while the NAS is on another physical VM server. I'm building now a third server to add to the cluster on another physical VM server - to see if once the cluster is already created how does it handle throwing another node in to the mix.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS