Options

Anyone passed this test recently?

Azriel924Azriel924 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm preparing for 70-218, intend to test next week. I attended classes for 70-215 and 70-218 and am using the MS book to study. Anyone have any tips on what kind of questions to expect or which facets of Admin. Win2K Server the exam focuses the most on? I would appreciate any help or advice greatly. I'm not asking for people to tell me the exact question or answers, just what are the main focus of the exam questions. TIA

Comments

• Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    i am just starting to read for the test
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just started to write for this test. First TechNote should be finished within a couple of weeks tops.
  • Options
    what books do you recomend and are the 70-240 books good for this test
  • Options
    Never considered using 70-240 books for 70-218, but that is not a bad idea at all. Anyhow, I don't know how the MS training kit is for this exam, but I usually recommend those. I do have the MCSA Readiness Review for this exam and I like that one also. It is actually a book with practice questions and some short texts. I also have the Transcender exams and TransTrainer video for this exam which is also a very good product.

icon_rolleyes.gif 70-240 books to prepare for the 70-218 exam... still can't find a good reason it won't work. The important thing with the 70-218 exam is practical experience, the theory you can get from the 70-240 book I guess.. probably a bit overkill.
  • Options
    http://certcities.com/editorial/tips/story.asp?EditorialsID=15

Tip # 2: Use 70-240 Test Prep Materials
    You probably know that the 70-240 exam was Microsoft's Accelerated exam for Windows NT 4.0 MCSEs, counted as credit toward the four core MCSE Win2K exams, and has since been retired. The MCSE's loss is your gain: 70-240 study materials are currently available for next to nothing. How can you use the to your advantage? The material covered in the 70-240 exam is the same material in the 70-215, 70-216, and 70-217 exams. The 70-218 exam covers most of the material from the 70-216 and 70-217 exams, and you have to take the 70-215 exam to get your MCSA anyway. So why not get cheap training materials that cover the same information?

is it a good idea or no
  • Options
    I don't understand why they left out the 70-210 exam. The 70-240 exam consisted of 4 mini-exams 210,215,216,217 which Windows NT 4 MCSEs could take instead of taking the exam separately. Some or maybe most of the 70-240 books assume you have the knowledge a MCSE NT 4 would have. A lot of things in 2000 are still the same as they were in NT4 and those might not be covered in some 70-240 books. It seems like a good tip, but it is actually saying: use the MCSE core exam books to prepare for MCSA. And since you already did 210 and 215... also the only book for the 70-240 exam I actually know of and partly read is the one of MS press... I think it was far over 1000 pages. Also, the 70-240 books probablt don't cover the IIS objectives enough...
    I would go with a 218 book.
  • Options
    Azriel924Azriel924 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips. I'll try to find something on the 240 exam just for insurance. My test is on the 5th so I don't have much time left. I'm just cramming every waking hour to get ready. I appreciate all the responses.
  • Options