Options

question 70-642 DirectAcess

Vertigo08Vertigo08 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys here,

i want to know what is the correct answer for this question :

Your network contains an Active Directory Domain named contoso.com.The network has DirectAccess deployed.You deploy a new server named Server1 that hosts a management application. You need to ensure that Server1 can initiate connections to DirectAccess client computers . Which settings you modify ?

A Application Servers
B: DirectAccess Server
C: Infrastructure Servers
D: Remote Clients

I choose A) Application Servers , but **** say C: Infrastructure Servers

what is correct answer?
thx

Comments

• Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey vertigo and welcome to the forum.

I would just like to tell you using **** are breaking the NDA rules and by using **** you are cheating and hurting the I.T Industry.

By also using **** if you got caught you will be banned from taking any I.T certifications for life.
  • Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    **** are a scourge on the industry, a violation of the NDA, and downgrade the value of the certifications the people who have taken the time to learn the information being tested rightfully receive.

That said, the correct answer is for you to set up a direct access lab, then add a new server with the management application (you could maybe fake this with an ftp server), then try each of the four choices that you were given and see which one it takes.

If you are don't know what it takes to set up a direct access lab, Microsoft has the instructions freely available on their site.
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    This is actually a very vague and badly worded question, but I understand why they stated this as the answer. My understanding is that the DirectAccess server will allow the DirectAccess clients access to your internal network (provided everything authenticates correctly). So once you get connected in as a client computer, then either the DirectAccess server or an Infrastructure server would control your access to Server1. It would all depend on your network. But I'm not sure that Server1 would ever initiate connections with your DirectAccess clients - wouldn't it be the other way around?

There are a number of different sites that have a great description of how DirectAccess works and they explain in great detail what components are required and how each component works. Look up directaccess client and you should find some good info.

And stop using **** and actually LEARN the damn material. Otherwise, your certification is pretty worthless. There are plenty of practice tests that do not violate the NDA - and I have found that the **** are not as valuable or as accurate as the valid practice tests (like Transcender, selftest, MeasureUp, etc...).