Stop Lying!

124»

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    You have to hustle.

For me to get in the game I had to pad my resume, Talk about a bunch of things I didn't have much real world experience with and labbed the hell out of it, a few years later I'm a senior engineer and nobody knows. You have to hustle work smarter, and keep pounding the pavement.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    Shodown is 100% correct.
  • Version4Version4 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I take great offense to people that pad their resume. During my career I have worked with many who have said they had X cert with X years of experience. Only to find out after they are hired they really don’t have a clue. They either dumped, or lied. In my opinion, it was both the hiring manager’s fault for not knowing how to perform a proper technical interview and the “hustler’s” fault for being devious.

This “hustle” mentality is contagious not only in IT but everywhere else, it really needs to stop. Sadly, a few people I have known since high school and a few people I have known since the beginning of my career have “hustled”. The fruits of their labor are shown with Senior Admin and Engineering positions.

I’ve never padded my resume and I never will, shame on you if you have.
  • FirecellFirecell Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Version4 wrote: »

The fruits of their labor are shown with Senior Admin and Engineering positions.

Senior Admin and Engineering positions...Wow, I had better take some notes. I bet they are receiving a fat paycheck! icon_twisted.gif
  • Raidersfan81Raidersfan81 Member Posts: 124
    Everyyyyyyyyyyyyyday I'm hustlin hustlin
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Glad to hear that the younger generation doesn't know its IT a$$ from its engineering elbow. That means all of us older, experienced farts who can't ever afford to retire can work until we are 100! icon_lol.gif and icon_cry.gif