Options

Home VPN Server

2»

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That would be my guess. If you have a buddy in town that you can go to his house and test it for yourself that would be ideal. You can always go to a free local wifi but they may be blocking that port as well or there could be someone sniffing traffic so going to someones house is the better option.

Also if he connected to your computer and he now has your username and password for your computer you should probably change it or you may find yourself waking up at 2 a.m. in the moring to find someone browsing around your computer.
  • Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the reply.

Yeah ehehhehe i know i was aware of that I changed my username and password and resetted my router so the WAN IP changes it was good that was aware of it.

I will try by connecting from a friends computer in a few days ill post back and tell you how I go.

Thanks.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can also buy a cheap USB modem and use a free Netzero account and test it that way.
  • Options
    sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey exampasser thanks for your reply :)

Just an update everyone I spoke to my friend while i was at home and told him to type my WAN IP in the remote desktop connection window in windows and followed by the remote computers credentials and it worked.

It seemed it worked this whole time and I was just going in circles.

Thanks for everyones reply I really do apprecite all the input and advice you gave me everyones oppnion built up to the solution.

Thanks again
  • Options
    willsonhenry40willsonhenry40 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I was searching for establishing connection through my window vpn and you know I searched many threads for the setting but I found it here. I am glad that now I can connect to usa server for watching special tv programs..