Options

CompTIA ID on resume?

soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Do you think it is a good idea to put your CompTIA ID# on your resume? This way if an employer wants to verify they can call CompTIA and have your number handy?

What do you think?
2018 Achievements:
Cloud Essentials SME
Project+
CRISC

2019 To conquer:
Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was wondering the same thing. I personally don't think it's a bad idea. But I wouldn't do it myself. I figure if they want it, they'll ask.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    gunmetalgr3ggunmetalgr3g Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing. I personally don't think it's a bad idea. But I wouldn't do it myself. I figure if they want it, they'll ask.

This, or make a copy of your cert, and have it in your folder/binder and when they ask you will have it ready for them
  • Options
    poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i thoughif they look you up that they can see when and what you have been cret. in ? i know a it tech guy at my last job showed me something like this on line
  • Options
    -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    I wouldn't include it. If they want it, they'll ask for it.
  • Options
    CertGuy2011CertGuy2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    -Foxer- wrote: »

Agree !!!:)
  • Options
    NickDogNickDog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I usually make a transcript available through comptia and enable it when im job hunting. That way they can verify using the produced number.
  • Options
    soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    -Foxer- wrote: »

Yep!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63