Options

passed with a 902!

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
well finally I am MCSA certified!!!

god Im soooooooo happy that I dont have to put with paragraph questions from Microsoft!

This test was easier than the 70-215!

glad is over and it is on to Cisco/CCNA!!

now this didnt help on the test but it is good link to see how things are done with Windows 2000 Active Directory! It is like teaching yourself in getting experience! It is graphical too, so it is beneficial!

http://www.ucertify.com/articles/70-218.html
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations with the new certification Danny! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the link. After I take my 70-215, I'm jumping right into studying for the 70-218.

Quick question though, how long did it take you to study for your 70-218 after you passed your 70-215?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    x-Danny_x Congrats! I'm going the same route as you, once I pass 70-215/218 I'm moving onto Cisco!
    icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats! I'm on the same route as you, hopefully soon.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    NPA24 wrote:
    Congrats! Thanks for the link. After I take my 70-215, I'm jumping right into studying for the 70-218.

Quick question though, how long did it take you to study for your 70-218 after you passed your 70-215?

I just barely passed the 70-215, with a 710! I gave a month of studying for it! The 70-218 was much easier than the 70-215! Some of the questions were about RAS servers again which were covered in the 70-215 but slightly a little more into what they do.

I was very scared that I could of failed the 70-218 cause I barely pased the 70-215, so after I got the pass from the 70-215 I study close too 2 months for the 70-218 cause I was afraid of failing!

It was much easier than I expected and was easier than the 70-215. If you pass the 70-215 than you should pass the 70-218.

Thanks for all the support guys, it is good thing to go after Cisco when you are done with MCSA. Cause now that you know Administration, you can also know the ins and out of Networking with Cisco!

Sooner or later if you get an MCSA job you are bound to encounter Networking problems that Im sure of that with learning Cisco will help tackkle them.
  • Options
    mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done Danny on your new MCSA cert! icon_thumright.gif

I will also be taking the 70-215 soon, and the 70-218 afterwards, so your information has helped me out.

Thanks for that! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    no problem man! good luck with 70-215
  • Options
    clarkyclarky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glad you had a winner m8 congrats!!!
    How long have U been studying for Danny? crash.gif
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congrat!! Its a great, i intend to go your path too from MCSA to CCNA.
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    DEION10DEION10 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on passing the exam 70-218 and getting your MCSA.

You stated that :
    "I just barely passed the 70-215, with a 710! I gave a month of studying for it! The 70-218 was much easier than the 70-215! Some of the questions were about RAS servers again which were covered in the 70-215 but slightly a little more into what they do.

I was very scared that I could of failed the 70-218 cause I barely pased the 70-215, so after I got the pass from the 70-215 I study close too 2 months for the 70-218 cause I was afraid of failing!

It was much easier than I expected and was easier than the 70-215. If you pass the 70-215 than you should pass the 70-218."
    So to pass 70-218 is it basically reenforcing all that you have learn for the previous exams and a heavy focus on RRAS? Are there any new topics of focus on 70-218. Does the Microsoft Self Study Kit Win2000 Network Environment book cover all the subject needed and do the new Trancsender test all?
    But once again, a Big Congratulation to you. I hope to take 70-218 next month, but also scared.

Also, Like yourself I plan follow with the CCNA.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recently passed 70-215 this past tuesday so I'm currently studying for 218.

I will also follow that route from MCSA to Cisco. It's good to get a mix of Windows admin plus Cisco networking. I think I will give myself two months as well before I take the 70-218. I'm currently watching the CBT nuggets for it at the moment. Then I'll start reading the Sybex book. Probably after that I'll start taking the Transcenders. That should all take me about 2 months. I will probably take it in early May so I can take advantage of the 2nd shot deal as well.

Good luck to all, I have to get back to studying! :D
  • Options
    DEION10 wrote:
    Congratulation on passing the exam 70-218 and getting your MCSA.

You stated that :
    "I just barely passed the 70-215, with a 710! I gave a month of studying for it! The 70-218 was much easier than the 70-215! Some of the questions were about RAS servers again which were covered in the 70-215 but slightly a little more into what they do.

It was much easier than I expected and was easier than the 70-215. If you pass the 70-215 than you should pass the 70-218."
    So to pass 70-218 is it basically reenforcing all that you have learn for the previous exams and a heavy focus on RRAS? Are there any new topics of focus on 70-218. Does the Microsoft Self Study Kit Win2000 Network Environment book cover all the subject needed and do the new Trancsender test all?
    But once again, a Big Congratulation to you. I hope to take 70-218 next month, but also scared.

Also, Like yourself I plan follow with the CCNA.

Basically you are learning what happends with the Clients and Servers in a Microsoft Network and how they interact with each other all over again but with a little more detail and how they work with the new material that 70-218 brings such as Active Directory, Global Catalog, Zones, etc.

So you are reviewing what you learn in the 70-210- and 70-215 and how it works with Acitve Directory, Global Catalog, Zones, etc.

So the questions are going to be somewhat similiar such as why a clients cant access certain files in office and the answer to that could be that the Gateway was missing or that it has two Active Directory Zones and you can only have one Active Directory zone because it was not ment to have delegation

You have to realize if there was delegation or not because the question didnt give me that nice little helpful word!

I could give you a couple of examples that I wrote down after realizing it! I could give you to it if you want??? I might consider to be a brain **** though in this site so I think I might have to PM you it

I used the book from New Horizons, Trasncenders, and questions from the net! In my opinion, never depend on source even if it covers all the materials! You might learn new things from another source that wasnt covered in the first!

Transcenders are good and very very very hard! They are quite similiar to the real test but it is not consider a brain ****!