Options

New Lab...

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Love the smell of new voice routers in the morning!!!

img0445iz.jpg

I just claimed my new work lab… well, at least until I get them installed anyways! :)
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    What all you got there?
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Looks awesome!! I just wanna put my hands on them :D
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    geek4god wrote: »
    What all you got there?

Depending on the model, about $20,000 to $30,000 in routing hotness. Even those vwics are a pretty penny. Good lab. bowing.gif
  • Options
    1x 2921 ISR2, 4x 2951 ISR2s, and 10x 3560-PoEs (not pictured). The other stack (2851 ISR and switches) is going into production next week.

The gear showed up a little early – so I have some time to lock myself in the office and "play" :)

Interesting note – the ISR2s apparently don’t come with console cables anymore. There is still a standard console port on the router but also a new mini-USB console port as well. First time that I've seen one of those.
  • Options
    Hmmm, the mini-USB console port seems to work fine! I hooked up a cable, downloaded the driver from Cisco.com (you need a CCO login) and set up the serial session as COM3 with the usual settingings in SecureCRT (9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control) and was in.

It also looks like the mini-USB port takes precedence over the standard COM port if you try to connect to both console options at the same time. With a session up on the mini-USB port, I couldn't connect from the standard COM port - and my session on the standard COM port was closed as soon as I made another connection via the mini-USB.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I WANT !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tokhss wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I WANT !!!!!!!!!!

hehehe - Figured that YOU would!! :)
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    Hmmm, the mini-USB console port seems to work fine! I hooked up a cable, downloaded the driver from Cisco.com (you need a CCO login) and set up the serial session as COM3 with the usual settingings in SecureCRT (9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control) and was in.

It also looks like the mini-USB port takes precedence over the standard COM port if you try to connect to both console options at the same time. With a session up on the mini-USB port, I couldn't connect from the standard COM port - and my session on the standard COM port was closed as soon as I made another connection via the mini-USB.

I just got 2x2911's and 7x2901's and the 2911's have the mini-usb, haven't unboxed the 2901's yet. I'm tired of using this usb-serial converter so thats definitely good news.
  • Options
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I just got 2x2911's and 7x2901's and the 2911's have the mini-usb, haven't unboxed the 2901's yet. I'm tired of using this usb-serial converter so thats definitely good news.

Yeah, looks like the 2901s have the mini-USB console port too. It seems to work pretty well. Just grab the driver first (it's on the router platform download page under "software on chassis").
  • Options
  • Options
    Verrrry Niiiiiiice!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    I want
    I want
    I want