Options

2nd interview tomorrow

levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
stopped by for a "quick" interview for a "CCNA Network Engineer" position at this company today and got a callback 10 minutes later for a 2nd interview the next day..

I am a CCNA, however I currently do 60% helpdesk/systems admin stuff and 40% network admin stuff, of which about 5% of our clients use cisco, and i typically use ASDM for those.

I'm confident in my networking skills, but tend to freeze up when im in an interview and someone asks me specifically what steps to take to create 2 vlans on a catalyst switch, for instance because i don't do it every day! (this actually happened)

The position isn't entry level, so i'll be expected to pick right up... he asked if i knew how to create a link between 2 ASA routers and i said i did, truth is i could do it after 15 minutes research. I know i'll be hit with questions tomorrow that I may not be so "quick" about. my plans are to go home with my ASA 5505 and ISR 1841 and do some lab work to be able to snap out the answers..

what are some things i could practice doing? what kind of questions do you think they will ask?
CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
BS Information Tech. - UMass

Comments

• Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Do you still have any CCNA study material? If so, give it a good read as a refresher for those "oh yeah, I forgot how to do that" moments.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    nugget videos are always a quick way to get refreshed
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    got an offer on that job!
    they are all unified communications.. can any cisco voice people recommend a good book for someone with voip experience and cisco experience but not cisco UC experience?
    CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
    BS Information Tech. - UMass
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got an offer on that job!
    they are all unified communications.. can any cisco voice people recommend a good book for someone with voip experience and cisco experience but not cisco UC experience?

Congrats man! I hope you enjoy!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey congrats. Off the top of my head, I cannot recall the best books but if you don't mind a CBT format, take a look at the CBT Nuggets CCNA:voice or CCNP:Voice, videos.

Jeremy Cioara is a voip nut/guru and an EXCELLENT teacher.......FWIW.icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63