New Net+ Exam Go-Live Date

TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
From Comptia's Website:

New CompTIA Network+® exam...
The new CompTIA Network+ exam will be available May 1, 2005.

Comments

• entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    Does this mean the old exam will no longer be available on May 1st?
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    entzilla wrote:
    Does this mean the old exam will no longer be available on May 1st?
    I think it will be available for some time, unless explicitely mentioned on the CompTIA site.
    The new CompTIA Network+ exam will be available May 1, 2005.
    I guess I have to update my TechNotes soon then. They didn't expect the new exam to be available until late June or early July, so I guess the beta test went well.
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    [/quote] so I guess the beta test went well.[/quote]

Well, they still haven't told us beta-takers if we passed or not.
  • bpw22azbpw22az Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just a little note. I talked to a friend who works at CompTIA, and she said the 2002 Network+ exam will be available until June 30th.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    bpw22az wrote:
    Just a little note. I talked to a friend who works at CompTIA, and she said the 2002 Network+ exam will be available until June 30th.
    That's good to know, thanks.
  • RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
    I'm less than half way through the 2002 Network+ material! icon_sad.gif

What changes will be implemented for the 2005 exam?

Would I have to get a new book?
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    You'll have until June 30th to take the 2002 version of the exam. Hopefully you will be done studying before then.

Here is a link to the new objectives. http://www.comptia.org/certification/Network/Network2005_Objectives.pdf
    RZetlin wrote:
    What changes will be implemented for the 2005 exam?

If my beta test was any indication you'll need to know fiber, fiber, and more fiber.
  • rewindrewind Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shadown7 wrote:
    You'll have until June 30th to take the 2002 version of the exam. Hopefully you will be done studying before then.

I'm confused. Can we request the 2002 version when we register to test, or do they just randomly give out either the 2002 or 2005 version?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, you will get to choose which one you want to take.
  • rewindrewind Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats good then. I hope the people at the test center understand when I tell them I want to take the 2002 version!
    I believe the 2002 objectives is exam N10-002 and the 2005 objectives is exam N10-003.
  • MekongMekong Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to take this test soon. I've got the All In One book covering the 2005 objectives but all the other material I have from the Internet covers the old version. I remember a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of the beta exam so I'm wondering which one I should take. Does it matter or should I just go through the new and old objectives and see which one I'm more comfortable?

Bruce
    Mekong wrote:
    should I just go through the new and old objectives and see which one I'm more comfortable?

Thats sounds like a good plan.

And although I'm not sure if I passed the beta, it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be.