Options

[EDIT: PASSED!!!] About to Take the 201!

some guysome guy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
OKay! I passed the 201 exam and am Sec+ certified now. I also have that CompTIA trio now too (A+, Net+, Sec+)! I passed with an 823. The test was as hard or maybe a little harder than I expected. It was very dull and boring, even for a test.

For those who may be taking the 201 also, I'll share what I experienced on it. You should definitely get familiar with access control models (MAC/DAC/RBAC), all that risk assessment/threat mitigation type stuff, the use of policies and procedures, and disaster recovery stuff. Pay attention to key words like "most" and "best" of course too.

The test really seemed like it was a lot of business and policy/procedure questions than tech questions. There was tech questions though, no doubt. I know each test is supposed to be different though, but that's my experience. Hopefully that may help somebody else without getting too specific.

My study resources were mostly:

- Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals by Mark Ciampa
- Darril Gibson's "Get Certified Get Ahead" book for the 201
- TechExams's Technotes for the Sec+

Note: Having A+ and Net+ before does help some too.
A+ ~ Feb 2010
Network+ ~ Jun 2010
Security+ ~ April 2011

Up next: ???

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats job Well done
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".