Options

Had an interview this morning. Don't think it went well

ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
Hello Everyone. Had an interview this morning. Smiled at the person who interviewed me. When it came to the questions, I don't think I did so well. I could answer the questions that did not deal with setting up a domain name. The only thing I said for the answer was i would either go to Google, Microsoft technet or Microsoft knowledge base to find the answer.

The other questions were very basic and generic, i hope i got them right. The interviewer was very nice and was patient with me as I answered the questions. When he asked me what my biggest fault was at my previous work, i told him that it was probably having others people pass off their work that they were supposed to do onto me and having me do their work plus my own. That answer probably screwed me over. I was very honest with all my other answers. Kept a positive attitude through out the whole experience.

The kicker was they had me fill out 5 pages of an employment application and sign a second non-disclosure agreement. I then asked them when they would get back to me about whether I was hired or not, and he said 3-5 business days. Was that a good thing to ask? I think i totally screwed myself over for this job. Oh well, it was good practice anyways :)

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't over think it. It was just a job interview -- and as you said, it's good practice.

And asking when you'll hear something is fine. If you want this job, consider a followup email next Wednesday or Thursday -- or a call Thursday or Friday. But don't stop your job search (or your life) waiting for "the call." If it happens (and you really want this job), then great. If not, hopefully you'll have another interview soon to take your mind off this one. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!