Options

Can Login via Hyper-V Manager Console but not RDP

certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
I have a Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 running several VMs. There is a Server 2008 R2 VM acting as DC and a Windows 7 Enterprise VM as a member computer in the domain. I can login via RDP as well as Hyper-V console using a local system Administrator account buut not as [AD-Domain]\testuser account. That is, I can connect via Hyper-V console (and log on as [AD-Domain]testuser) but not RDP. I added the user [AD-Domain]\testuser on windows 7 VM as a remote desktop user.

I also added the testuser as a member of Remote Desktop Users on the DC. All my VMs use External network inteface only.

Do I need to assign a remote virtual desktop to the testuser?

Comments

• Options
    certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    Ok, I can login using RDP now. I was able to see th RDP pre-logon screen but it use to error out. But now, I can only connect using NetBios name or just computer name instead of the FQDN of computer.

I don't think I changed anything really. I use a separate desktop machine running Windows 7 SP1 to connect to my Server 2008 VM and Windows 7 VM both of which are running under Hyper-V.

I also have my DC as 1st DNS Server, A public DNS server as 2nd, and ISP's NS as 3rd. I did this by configuring my router which also provides DHCP service to use the above servers as the DNS servers on the LAN side. But still my nslookup shows Unknown for Default Server. Hence the FQDN are not resolved, I think. Even on my member computers there is no default DNS server. How do I fix this -- that is to use my DC as the default DNS Server without adding a static DNS server entry in IP properties?