Options

Study Material

bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
What study material is recommended for the new ver 7 exam?

Thank You
What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara

Comments

• Options
    blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I ordered course-ware from ECC .... since its pretty new not sure if any books are out for V7 yet.
  • Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I finished the v6 book with kimberly graves, sometime last week. I also went to the inaugural v7 class and got the courseware, the books blackhole is buying. Judging by the consensus here, these seem like staple books to buy:

Hacking Exposed
    Sql study
    an OOP language
    NMAP training(extensive)
    Router and Switch training (cisco'esque: yeah I made up that word)
    Lots for hands on with other popular tools.

I was going to take the C|EH really soon, as soon as I got my voucher. Now i'm not, I start wgu in June and will take CCNA, sec+ and JS, and Java before I sit in for the test. I just want to be as prepared as I can.

I hope this helped a little :D
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The v6 materials are perfectly adequate and the v7 official courseware is a huge waste. It's been said several times on this forum.

EDIT: To clarify, it is a glossy copy of the presentation slides that would happen in the training course, and there are no notes that cover anything in more depth.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    The v6 materials are perfectly adequate and the v7 official courseware is a huge waste. It's been said several times on this forum.

the reason I went with it because w/o course ware exam fee are 750 !!! and with its 300.
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the information. I decided to get my CCNA first and then go for the CEH when there is more study material available.
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara