Options

Recommended Path - MCITP - EA

bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
What is the recommended path to take as far as taking the exams. Is there a specifc order to take them in? I have extensive experience with Windows XP, VISTA , and 2003 Server. We will start migrating to Server 2008 and Windows 7 this summer.

Should I take the 680 exam first or dive into server exams? I am currenlty working on my CCNA and hope to start with Microsoft exams in June.

Thank You
What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara

Comments

• Options
    StridenteStridente Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think that better option is: 680, 640, 642, 643 & 647, this order.
    If I could I would that, but ...
    I'm currently having class on MCITP EA and the professor leaved 680 for the end of the course, so I can't.
    I already passed 640 and 642.
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stridente wrote: »
    I think that better option is: 680, 640, 642, 643 & 647

The 680 will give you an idea of the exam style for the others. It's a handy client exam and fairly straightforward.
    If you already have the MCSE, would you not go the upgrade route? If not, then check out the other threads, and focus on the new R2 tech. You'll probably have enough of a background with the other stuff.
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I'd probably recommend taking them in the numeric order of 640, 642, 643, 647 and then 680. That would get the nasty Server 2008 exams done and then you can take the Windows 7 exam last. Either that, or take the Windows 7 exam first and then tackle the 4 2008 Server exams.

Either way, I would definitely take the server exams all together. With your other experience I would think you should have no problems with these exams.

I would recommend taking 647 as the last Server 2008 exam. The other three will give you a good background to use for the 647 test.

Good luck.