Trainsingal Exchange 2010 Videos

I am looking to maybe godown the exchange 2010 cert path.
I have had some very poor experiences with Trainisgnal but the exchange 2010 series has piqued my interest and before i part with my money i was wondering if anyone with an unbiased view has the TS exchange 2010 videos and how they rate them in terms of clarity, depth of coverage, instructor knowledge and exam coverage as these are generally the problems i have found with TS in the past?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

  • sina2011sina2011 Posts: 239Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey alokin

    I also bought the trainsignal for EX 2010 it has 40 videos if im correct compared to the CBT nuggets which has only 20 soo im guessing for the exchange it should be a change compared to the other ones from the MCITP:EA package.
    Im also studying for the exchange 2010 im starting off with the MS Press book then moving on to the trainsignal if you havent started it by the time i finish MS press book ill let you know how it is :)


    Cheers.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Senior Member Posts: 1,623Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some of my priorities have changed and I will be getting the MCITP: EMA 2010 so I am looking at study resources as well. I will be the lead engineer on a 15k user migration. I purchased the Mastering Exchange Server 2010 book on my Kindle a few days ago, and I think I may pick up the Exchange Server 2003 to 2010 Migration Guide from ExchangeServerPro.com for $37. This is likely a requirement for me by the end of June (as we have to complete certifications on a product before we can engineer and/or support it).

    Anyhow, so other engineers did an initial design, and I already have some questions about it (as it seems a bit odd). So, I am digging in, which is delaying my PMP preparation that I am currently pursuing.
    70-346 [ ] 70-347 [ ] 70-533 [ ] 70-743 [ ] CCSP [ ]
    2018 Goals: MCSA Office 365 and MCSE Cloud Platform and MCSA 2016, (ISC)2 CCSP
  • alokin123alokin123 Posts: 268Member
    sina2011 wrote: »
    hey alokin

    I also bought the trainsignal for EX 2010 it has 40 videos if im correct compared to the CBT nuggets which has only 20 soo im guessing for the exchange it should be a change compared to the other ones from the MCITP:EA package.
    Im also studying for the exchange 2010 im starting off with the MS Press book then moving on to the trainsignal if you havent started it by the time i finish MS press book ill let you know how it is :)


    Cheers.

    I did end up buying the TS videos for exchange only because i have limited experience with exchange 2003 and TS generally goes from the ground up with their videos.
    I have a subscription with safari books and am planning on using the MS Press book as well as Amazon.com: Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 Inside Out (9780735640610): Tony Redmond: Books for a well rounded approach.
  • sina2011sina2011 Posts: 239Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey alokin have u started on the TS videos yet? if so I just skimmed through the trainsignal videos when I had a little bit of time on my hands I had a look at the videos I came across a section where he was talking about buying domain names for lab setup etc and for the exchange server to be accessible on the outside world does he tell you how to do it? or do we find our own way on how to get it done sorry for going off topic abit.

    Thanks.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Posts: 4,317Member
    I bought both, CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal. I am surprised that so many people prefer CBT Nuggets as they are, compared to Trainsignal, very very short. I think the CBT Nuggets simply assume a lot more previous knowledge than the Trainsignal ones do ... I started at 0 ( I knew how to spell Eggschange ) but I got a lot more out of the Trainsignal ones.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Posts: 56Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    sina2011 wrote: »
    I came across a section where he was talking about buying domain names for lab setup etc and for the exchange server to be accessible on the outside world does he tell you how to do it? or do we find our own way on how to get it done sorry for going off topic abit.

    Are you wondering if JP shows you how to buy/setup a domain name, or how to set up an exchange server to be accessible to the outside world? I do know that the process of using GoDaddy (or any domain purchaser) is not explained but setting up Exchange for it is.
  • sina2011sina2011 Posts: 239Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    @TrainsignalEric

    Im wondering how to set up exchange server to be accessible to the outside world.

    about purchasing domain names from godaddy should be pretty much simple just choose the domain name you want and pay for it.? or is there additional steps that I need to take as well?.
  • CChilderhoseCChilderhose Posts: 137Member
    I bought both the Trainsignal Exchange 2010 videos - 662 & 663. They are very very good and the instructor is great.

    I am reading the Mastering Exchange 2010 and plan to get this book too -

    Amazon.com: Exchange Server 2010 Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-662 and 70-663) (9780470624432): Joel Stidley, Erik Gustafson: Books

    It is supposed to be very good as well.

    Good luck.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • rsuttonrsutton Posts: 1,029Member
    sina2011 wrote: »
    @TrainsignalEric

    Im wondering how to set up exchange server to be accessible to the outside world.

    about purchasing domain names from godaddy should be pretty much simple just choose the domain name you want and pay for it.? or is there additional steps that I need to take as well?.

    I think it is hard to understand Exchange if you don't understand the supporting technologies. If possible it would be helpful to purchase your own domain, setup public DNS, setup your Firewall as well the Exchange server. Understand how all these work together is important in understanding mail flow.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Senior Member Posts: 1,623Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    I think it is hard to understand Exchange if you don't understand the supporting technologies. If possible it would be helpful to purchase your own domain, setup public DNS, setup your Firewall as well the Exchange server. Understand how all these work together is important in understanding mail flow.

    That is why I think Microsoft should at least add the Active Directory exam to the EMA. For 2003, you needed to be an MCSE to get the messaging specialization... the least they could do is require some minimal proof of AD knowledge for EMA... MS understands the needs for the Exchange MCM as they require both MCITP EA and EMA for it.
    70-346 [ ] 70-347 [ ] 70-533 [ ] 70-743 [ ] CCSP [ ]
    2018 Goals: MCSA Office 365 and MCSE Cloud Platform and MCSA 2016, (ISC)2 CCSP
Sign In or Register to comment.