Options

Passed 646!

snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
Thrilled with this pass! I failed 640 last weekend but already had this scheduled. I don't recommend studying for two exams at the same time cuz in the end, I passed the easier exam and not both. There is some over-lap but 646 only touches the surface on most of the topics. Hopefully later this month or early next month I can conquer 640!

Comments

• Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Congrats on the pass!
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    ITVinceITVince Member Posts: 143
    Well this is interesting...I passed 70-640, you're saying 646 is easier? and more broad?
    Currently studying for:
    MCTS 70-642 Network Infrastructure
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    ITVince wrote: »
    Well this is interesting...I passed 70-640, you're saying 646 is easier? and more broad?

It's basically a combination of the 640 and 642, with some side tech like that in the 643. Presumably he did better in the 642 side and made up for it with that.
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, and best of lucks on the 640 next time... now that you have a better idea on MS exams this time around you'll be better prepared!

Cheers.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found it easier mainly due to the "test-lets" section.

I like being given a scenario and asked a question based on the requirements or changes that are expected to happen. I really enjoyed how the 646 exam was put together.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Strange that you found the 646 easier. The 70-647, which I took recently and passed, is structured like that with the testlets and that test was a brain racker. I almost ran out of time on every one of the testlets...lol
    Best of luck on your retake of the 70-640. I'm sure if you have the knowledge of Server 2008 to pass the 646 you'l do ok on the retake. Be sure to go into group policy extensively as it's a big part of that test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    sherrillsherrill Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If I may, what exactly is a "testlet"?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a section of the test unto itself. It's usually a large drawn out case scenario and contains 6-8 questions dealing with the scenario. Each testlet is seperately timed and once you complete the testlet you can't go back to it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on the pass. I'm going for 640

(And yes I do know I can upgrade if I want to, but I'd rather take all the exams, as the company is paying for the exams anyway, and that way I can refresh my knowledge of the topics. Just had to point that out. :D )
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats on the pass. Keep it going. icon_thumright.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON