Introducing Your Latest CCNA, Me!!!

jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
Well everyone, I retook the exam today at 5 PM and PASSED!!!

This time, I was able to answer every question and actually had close to 10 minutes of time left over at the end of the exam. Needless to say, I definitely managed my time better this time around unlike last time.

Comments

• ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, congrats! icon_cheers.gif This exam is just as much about good time management as technical prowess.....

Now, go relax and enjoy. :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congratulations! keep up the good work
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
  • ImadkhanImadkhan Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woohoo Congrats mate, Hopefully i will join you and the rest of the CCNA club soon

Regards from Australia
  • chXchX Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :)
    2019 Goals:
    [ ] Recertify CCNA
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Well everyone, I retook the exam today at 5 PM and PASSED!!!

This time, I was able to answer every question and actually had close to 10 minutes of time left over at the end of the exam. Needless to say, I definitely managed my time better this time around unlike last time.

Congrats!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratulations.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    Congrats on the pass! Are you able to give any advice on time management? I'm about a month and a half away from sitting my exam and knowing how to prepare would be awesome! :)
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!!!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Major props & congrats bro!!!!icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    techie2012 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Are you able to give any advice on time management? I'm about a month and a half away from sitting my exam and knowing how to prepare would be awesome! :)

I'll advise this. Be familiar with the question types that are going to be on the test. If you go to Cisco's website, click on training and events, and click on CCNA under Certifications, it will take you to a page that gives more information about the exam. Click on the link that says 640-802 CCNA. Then, you will see a link that says "Review type of exam questions," and there will be a link for a tutorial that shows you the types of questions to expect. If you have Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide by Sybex, he also goes over it in there in the beginning. Except that with going to the Cisco website and getting that information, you also get to see what a sample question format looks like and interact with it so you can get used to it before you see that format on the actual exam. Also, when I was reading said study guide, Todd mentioned that for the test format, you are not allowed to go back once you have answered a question. So make sure you try your best to answer all questions since you can't go back.

I will say this, try not to spend too much time on any one question. Some questions will indeed take more time to answer than others and some questions may be able to be answered immediately which would save you some time. The first time I took the test, I failed to do this and it cost me in the end by a few points. When I took it the second time yesterday, I actually had a surplus of minutes when I finished the exam and passed it by more points than I failed it the first time.

I also used the official Cisco Press books by Wendell Odom. It came packaged with a Boson testing software that includes practice tests. If you just so happen to have this set of books, that Boson software is awesome. Definitely utilize it if you have it.

Hopefully this has been helpful, and I hope you do well on the exam when you take it. :)
  • sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Ultra! way to go
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    I'll advise this. Be familiar with the question types that are going to be on the test. If you go to Cisco's website, click on training and events, and click on CCNA under Certifications, it will take you to a page that gives more information about the exam. Click on the link that says 640-802 CCNA. Then, you will see a link that says "Review type of exam questions," and there will be a link for a tutorial that shows you the types of questions to expect. If you have Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide by Sybex, he also goes over it in there in the beginning. Except that with going to the Cisco website and getting that information, you also get to see what a sample question format looks like and interact with it so you can get used to it before you see that format on the actual exam. Also, when I was reading said study guide, Todd mentioned that for the test format, you are not allowed to go back once you have answered a question. So make sure you try your best to answer all questions since you can't go back.

I will say this, try not to spend too much time on any one question. Some questions will indeed take more time to answer than others and some questions may be able to be answered immediately which would save you some time. The first time I took the test, I failed to do this and it cost me in the end by a few points. When I took it the second time yesterday, I actually had a surplus of minutes when I finished the exam and passed it by more points than I failed it the first time.

I also used the official Cisco Press books by Wendell Odom. It came packaged with a Boson testing software that includes practice tests. If you just so happen to have this set of books, that Boson software is awesome. Definitely utilize it if you have it.

Hopefully this has been helpful, and I hope you do well on the exam when you take it. :)

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it! I will do what you have suggested. Congrats on the pass again! icon_thumright.gif
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • SpencerClarkSpencerClark Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation! Now go conquer the world!
    Congratulation! Now go conquer the world!

Got a long road ahead of me. :)
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Outstanding! What's next? Voice, Security or maybe the CCNP?
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
    Outstanding! What's next? Voice, Security or maybe the CCNP?

Well, I have a lot of stuff I want to do.

CCNP will definitely be on the list as soon as I get the Cisco Press set of books for that. As far as Cisco goes, I want to stay on the Routing and Switching track. If I do add any additional tracks, it would be Security and Design.

Right now, I'm working towards JCNIA-JunOS, Linux +, and MCTS: 70-642 Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure eventually working towards MCITP Server Administrator.
  • SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and nice new sig!