Options

Another fail

simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
I took 70-680 over the weekend and failed with 664. Then I just took now and failed again with 664. Crap, this is making me down. I think I have to wait 2 weeks before I can take the 3rd one. I completed MS Press, Labsim, and Lab at home. What do you guys recommend?

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear this test has got you down. I didn't take Windows 7 myself partly due to the high failure rate on the exam. I already had my OS requirement met with the Vista exam.
    I've heard that it's a good idea to study the 70-686 material to better prepare for this exam. Also, if you're labbing at home, are you using server 2008 R2 as your server OS to practice doing a lot of the configs/ operations?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I think that's part of the issue. I didn't practice much of the server 2008R2. I'll check out 686 book.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry you didn't pass!! icon_sad.gif

You'll get it next time icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    I'm happy to report that I just passed today with 972.

This was one toughest exam for me. I finally can sleep better at night. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    simtech wrote: »

This was one toughest exam for me. I finally can sleep better at night. icon_lol.gif

Very nice score. What did you do differently to prepare for this last attempt?
  • Options
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    Very nice score. What did you do differently to prepare for this last attempt?

I decided to read the 686 book this time. In my opinion, it was the wording that caused me to fail. Plus I slowed down a bit and read the questions carefully to make sure I didn't fall into the tricky wording. Lastly, I tried to do more hands on and be able to picture the process in my head without looking at the computer. I'm usually a good test taker, but this exam definitely kicked my butt. On to 70-640 now.
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I have my 4th attempt at 682 next week, hopefully I score as well as you :D
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    Piers wrote: »
    Congrats!

I have my 4th attempt at 682 next week, hopefully I score as well as you :D

Thanks, and Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Maybe I need to get the 70-685 as well since the materials are still hot. Is the 685 more difficult than 680? What do you guys think?
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif

Would you say that the materials for the 686 cover the material for the 680 well then?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    simtech wrote: »

Congrats on the pass and the great score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Xantcha wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif

Would you say that the materials for the 686 cover the material for the 680 well then?

It does, but it goes deeper toward 686. I'll be helpful to supplement the MS Press Book and gives you a better understanding.
  • Options
    RobinwoodRobinwood Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can follow what our seniors has said ! Try and Try until you Succed icon_wink.gif (and you get no worries with seniors too coz you are following what they said to you) icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass! Nice score!
  • Options
    Thank you, guys.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63