Options

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647): Windows Server

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    If you're getting it at a garage sale for $20 or less, otherwise not so much.

That training kit is for the R1 version of Server 2008. Microsoft updated the tests to R2 content last August. There is still some valid information in them but they are incomplete as far as what you need to know to pass the exams in their current format.

Sean
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    spd3432 wrote: »
    If you're getting it at a garage sale for $20 or less, otherwise not so much.

That training kit is for the R1 version of Server 2008. Microsoft updated the tests to R2 content last August. There is still some valid information in them but they are incomplete as far as what you need to know to pass the exams in their current format.

Sean

That's what I was thinking
    What would be a good set of books for this course?
  • Options
    eliphas0eliphas0 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From my experience the MS Press Guides are generally not very good.
    Right now I am reading the 70-642 R2 (Second Edition) book. Although it is a definite improvement over the previous version I can still see alot of little things that are being left out.

I preffer TestOut but I haven't seen and update for R2 yet.
  • Options
    Well, I want to start to head down the MCTS / MCITP track.
    I thought that getting the group of books may be a good idea but as I feared that appears to NOT be the case.

Any suggestions on what test and books to start with on this journey?

70-640 and 70-642 are needed for both paths. Any opinion as to which one to take down firts? And what books, CBT's etc would you suggest to study with?

icon_study.gif