Options

dont know what to decide

mcts34mcts34 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everybody Im new on this forum and had a question

I believe Windows Server 2008 R2 material is out on sybex as I have not purchased the book yet is it worth learning R2 content is there much difference to 2008? I'm not going to be taking any certifications just to let you know?.

any input would be really appreciated

Comments

• Options
    ITVinceITVince Member Posts: 143
    Check the forum stickies, for each individual MCTS exam, there are notes that state what has changed from 2008 to 2008 R2 there are a number of new features included that are worth learning.

Heres an example

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/42947-70-642-resources.html#post453573
    Currently studying for:
    MCTS 70-642 Network Infrastructure
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    mcts34 wrote: »

I believe Windows Server 2008 R2 material is out on sybex as I have not purchased the book yet is it worth learning R2 content is there much difference to 2008? I'm not going to be taking any certifications just to let you know?.

Have you considered reading the Technet?

Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mcts34 wrote: »

If you're not worried about he exam, just pick the book that you feel will suit you best R2 or non-R2. I haven't taken an MS exam since MCSE2000, and I'm getting along configuring wk3 and wk8 when I have to.

2000 to 2008 are really similar, unless you're talking specifics (which are important in an exam situation)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    mcts34mcts34 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @creamy stew thanks champ appreciate the input my main worry is I got my MCITP:EA end of the 2009 and it was based on 2k8 and im just starting out in the I.T field Im scared that If i get a job somewhere and if there using R2 in there environments I might have some hicups along the way.