Options

problem-creating custom partition in DNS

greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I have a problem when I'm trying to create custom application partition in the child domain east.contoso.com

applied command dnscmd . /createdirectorypartition newpartition.east.contoso.com

error : DNS_error_delegation_required 9751

any help?

I'd like to admit, that i have no any problem to create custom partition in the parent domain like

dnscmd . /createdirectorypartition new.contoso.com

thanks
Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

Comments

• Options
    hackmerhackmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    greenerek wrote: »
    Hi, I have a problem when I'm trying to create custom application partition in the child domain east.contoso.com

applied command dnscmd . /createdirectorypartition newpartition.east.contoso.com

any help?

I'd like to admit, that i have no any problem to create custom partition in the parent domain like

thanks

Look at here: System Error Codes (9000-11999) (Windows)
    This operation requires credentials delegation.
  • Options
    unnamedplayerunnamedplayer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□

Since it looks like you are working on the child domain controller, I would wonder, are you logged on with an account that is an Enterprise Admin?
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    child domain east.contoso.com
    applied command
    dnscmd . /createdirectorypartition newpartition.east.contoso.com

any help?

Create an application directory partition by using the DnsCmd command

Use the DnsCmd command to create an application directory partition. To do this, use the following syntax:DnsCmd ServerName /CreateDirectoryPartition FQDN of partition

To create an application directory partition that is named CustomDNSPartition on a domain controller that is named DC-1, follow these steps:

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    dnscmd DC-1 /createdirectorypartition CustomDNSPartition.contoso.com

Sorry, my head's boiled at the moment from a few things going on, but from a quick look at the command, I see you have the '.', but have you tried putting in the name of the server also?