Options

more interview advice: what are your weaknesses?

infamousinfamous Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
How have some of you guys answered this question? I know you're generally supposed to list traits that you can then turn into positives...

if i were asked this i would say:
-I lose patience when people don't carry their weight and do their work
-I can be a work-aholic...

any other ideas??

cheers!

Comments

• Options
    MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    How about this one:

"I often require 105% of myself, and that tend to get me into trouble over time..." (perfectionistic)
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I've always said "I don't know, honestly."

Maybe that shows a lack of preparation on my part, but I can never think of anything! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    You guys are going about this all wrong. You have to convey tpositiveness o your potential future employer that. You turn your weakness into a positive. For example. "Well there was a time I was weak in Microsoft Office Applications, and since then I have applied myself to learning the ins and outs of the Office Suite so I can help the end user with applications they use everyday. The last thing you wanna say is you lose patience. You are a potential hot head. Saying your weakness is that you are a workaholic makes you seem like a bore. Remember you are not only selling your skills buy your personality. Turn negatives into positives. Or if you are going to state a weakness make it something thats not part of your personality. Personalities are harder to change. For example, I was asked that question and you know what I said my weakness is, experience. I have the knowledge but experience is my only weakness. Experience can be changed by simply giving you the job.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have used the perfectionist myself.. but also i have used

1.sometimes i check over myself/work several times after completing it

2. i'm a little bit too blunt when talking to others and have to learn to take my time when speaking to make sure i don't offend anyone ( which at times i really do but mostly i keep it real even if it hurts)

those are the only 2 i ever use
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    infamousinfamous Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the great insights. what about saying you have a fear of failure and that fear drives you to try your best in order to succeed in whatever it is you do??

Cheers!