What's in your screen name?

13»

Comments

• sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i have used certain names as test users sn/given name combo for unix/windows/mail systems. got to the point where i would sign into webex/livemeeting and other online conferences as sid and started using it on forums long ago.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    Mine I started using in the late 80's early 90's when I was a kid dialing into a few local BBSs. I thought it was funny because it said stuff like "Everyone has entered the room." and "Everyone says " when I went into the chat rooms. People were actually quite confused by it at the time. I've continued to use it off and on for various things over the years.

well done!
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    translated my village head name to english
    B.Science Information Systems
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Mine comes from that cartoon i loved so much remember " DEXTER'S LABORATORY " used to love his character where he was a kid and doing stuffs even Einstein would be proud off !! icon_lol.gif
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    instant000 wrote: »

I'm glad you said what your avatar was, I was thinking it was Richard Simmons all this time.

same here
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Mine is actually two things:

Computron the learning toy my mom gave me as kid.

Computron-Educational

And the only G1 Gestalt Transformer that I had all the parts to combine.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Computron_(G1)

Then add on the year I picked the name (1999).
  • Stiltz79Stiltz79 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    People gave me the nickname Stiltz because I am 6'9" tall and '79 is the year I was born.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Mine is a combination of my favorite band and the "randomly" assigned numbers that followed my first AOL account.... Oh, what was that? 15 years or more ago now....
  • sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    I've always used the 'sambuca' handle (and variations of) since high school days. It's something my father likes to put in his coffee to this day, and it just kinda always stuck for me.

The 69 comes from, well.. 69 is the best number out there, and has nothing to do with my year of birth ;)
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Mine, since it takes me about an hour to get to work because of the traffic, that's why I chose thehourman.

Do we have an option to change our name?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    loch moigh is a lake in Scotland. Figured no one would grab that for various accounts.
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thehourman wrote: »
    Mine, since it takes me about an hour to get to work because of the traffic, that's why I chose thehourman.

Do we have an option to change our name?

We used to be able to do it ourselves before Johan migrated this website to vBulletin. Now you need to pm and send him a gift to get this done.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Raidersfan81Raidersfan81 Member Posts: 124
    My mother helped me come up with my username when she gave me it at birth! :D
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My name is my name.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    My name is my name.

Same....
  • videguyvideguy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In a previous life many years ago I was a video dealer. When I signed up for AOL in the early 90's I could not get videoguy just videguy. I've been using it in forums ever since. It is always available and if I find it taken it has always meant I already have an account on the board.
    Bachelors of Science in Information Technology - Database Administration Concentration
    Summa Cum Laude - April 2011

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    Mine I started using in the late 80's early 90's when I was a kid dialing into a few local BBSs. I thought it was funny because it said stuff like "Everyone has entered the room." and "Everyone says " when I went into the chat rooms. People were actually quite confused by it at the time. I've continued to use it off and on for various things over the years.

So I assume "Your mum" was taken? I figured this would be the natural choice for this intention.