Options

is Wireless in INCD2 exam?

VinUnleadedVinUnleaded Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
According to this link Wireless is not an ICND2 objective. Should I skip chapter 14 on Lammle's book if I just want to complete ICND2? I read the Wireless section on his CCENT book and I'm hoping to skip this section even if there's new information to save me some time. I only get to work on CCNA for a few hours a week

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I didn't see wireless in the exam either. I think it would be okay to skip it but check to make sure there is only wireless stuff in there.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exam Topics

The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the guidelines below may change at any time without notice.

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications

Describe enhanced switching technologies (including: VTP, RSTP, VLAN, PVSTP, 802.1q)

Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and the need for routing between them

Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs

Configure, verify, and troubleshoot trunking on Cisco switches

Configure, verify, and troubleshoot interVLAN routing

Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VTP

Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RSTP operation

Interpret the output of various show and debug commands to verify the operational status of a Cisco switched network

Implement basic switch security (including: port security, unassigned ports, trunk access, etc.)

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network

Calculate and apply a VLSM IP addressing design to a network

Determine the appropriate classless addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment

Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc)

Describe IPv6 addresses

Identify and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations

Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices

Compare and contrast methods of routing and routing protocols

Configure, verify and troubleshoot OSPF

Configure, verify and troubleshoot EIGRP

Verify configuration and connectivity using ping, traceroute, and telnet or SSH

Troubleshoot routing implementation issues

Verify router hardware and software operation using SHOW & DEBUG commands

Implement basic router security

Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network

Describe the purpose and types of access control lists

Configure and apply access control lists based on network filtering requirements

Configure and apply an access control list to limit telnet and SSH access to the router

Verify and monitor ACL's in a network environment

Troubleshoot ACL implementation issues

Explain the basic operation of NAT

Configure Network Address Translation for given network requirements using CLI

Troubleshoot NAT implementation issues

Implement and verify WAN links

Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers

Troubleshoot WAN implementation issues

Describe VPN technology (including: importance, benefits, role, impact, components)

Configure and verify PPP connection between Cisco routers

this is latest topics list from cisco website

so no wireless for icnd2
  • Options
    -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    No wireless in icnd2 . i took that one recently !!
  • Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    Maybe for icnd2, but for anyone doing the combined exam i'd suggest it would be beneficial to cover basic wireless.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the one test route, and all I can say is that I had wireless questions.

Hope I'm not violating anything with Cisco by saying that. If I am, mods you can, can my reply.

Skipping studying any subject from the blueprint is foolish. Just because 10 people don't get questions on wireless does not mean you won't either. You don't want to be the guy that fails by 5 points over a wireless question because you decided to skip that subject.

Study it even if there's no wireless in the ICND 2. You want to be 110% prepared for this exam, not 70%. Did you do ICND 1 yet?

My suggestion, study EVERYTHING!!!

Just my 2 pennies...
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    VinUnleadedVinUnleaded Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    viper75 wrote: »
    I did the one test route, and all I can say is that I had wireless questions.

Hope I'm not violating anything with Cisco by saying that. If I am, mods you can, can my reply.

Skipping studying any subject from the blueprint is foolish. Just because 10 people don't get questions on wireless does not mean you won't either. You don't want to be the guy that fails by 5 points over a wireless question because you decided to skip that subject.

Study it even if there's no wireless in the ICND 2. You want to be 110% prepared for this exam, not 70%. Did you do ICND 1 yet?

My suggestion, study EVERYTHING!!!

Just my 2 pennies...

Thanks for the advice. I already did ICND1 and there was some wireless question there. I'm still trying to get it done as soon as I can though !
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    even if there is a wireless question in the icnd 2 who cares ? im definitely not studying any wireless for my icnd2 studies. if 1 question comes up id probably just skip it anyway seems those questions wont pass you an exam. focus on the routing protocols and everything else thats what im doing.